Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome the Yucata Player Series (YPS), an assortment of ongoing board game tournaments and leagues played using the play-by-web site, Yucata.de. If you are new to YPS, please know there are three Series, each offering a different type of experience, and a separate geeklist for each one:

- If you like multiplayer tournaments, visit the YPS at this geeklist

- If you enjoy 2-player tournaments, check out the Y2PS here

- If you enjoy ongoing leagues in a variety of games, visit here for a list of our ladder leagues

- If you would like a full schedule of all events offered this year, this calendar might be handy:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoYE2bGf--iMdC1...

Tournament Documents

Spreadsheet: COMING SOON

[b]Tournament Policies Reference: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hIYyTrt2kJV4dXdR3Ytvvhyh...

This is Y2PS Event 1.06: Six.

Sign-up Information

a) Sign-ups: Open through about November 8, give or take a few days, and the tournament will begin immediately at that time. To enter the event simply post to this thread with your yucata username (if different from your BGG username) and subscribe to this thread so you receive notifications about the event.

b) Tournament Format: This will be a modified double-elimination tournament. As long as you continue to win your matches, you play in the winner's bracket, earning a bye every other round. Once you lose a match, you will move to the losers bracket, where you will play a match every round, but are still in full contention. Once you lose your second match, you are eliminated from the tournament. The modification is that if you lose both of your first two rounds, you will still get to play in the third round, albeit with no chance of advancing beyond that. Each match will be the best of 3 simultaneous games, until the final rounds, which will be best-of-5.

Playing Your Matches

a) To begin, open the spreadsheet and find your name in the round 1 pairings.

b) If you have an opponent in your match, open up invitation(s) for your games with that player (unless he or she has done so already). You can decide whether to do all three games at once or one at a time, but it is up to you to make sure you always have at least one game open until the match is complete and that the games is completed within a reasonable time frame. If you are trying to play the games consecutively but have not finished your first game within ten days, please start your remaining games immediately.

If you have an open seat for an opponent, be patient. Sign-ups may still be open and the seat may be filled soon. I will post in the thread when sign-ups are closed, and if you still have an open seat at that point, you will earn a bye and move on to the winners bracket of the next round automatically.

c) Once your games are finished, enter the scores into the spreadsheet. For each game, just enter the score. The spreadsheet will take care of the rest. If you need to enter results for a tie, enter the number of coins as a decimal. For example 14 points and 4 coins would be 14.4.

e) This is a "play at your own pace" tournament. As soon as your match is over, if you have not been eliminated, your name will automatically pop up in the appropriate place for the next round. Search for your name in the sheet and find it in the next round:

i)If your name is missing from the next round, you have been eliminated from having two losses after round 3. Sorry!

ii)If your name is there but you don't have an opponent yet, you are waiting for another match to finish.

iii)If you find your name in the next round and you have an opponent lined up, please open the invitation(s) right away.

f) If at any point you are mixed up about anything or thing there is a problem, don't hesitate to let me know.

Player Expectations - Please Read
Everyone is absolutely welcome to play! Please do keep in mind that these tournaments are run primarily by the players and communication is important to keep the event from stalling out. I ask all players to do the following:

a) Make moves at least (approximately) daily in general. If you are only on yucata five days a week, or will take one vacation for a week, that is totally fine.

b) Create and accept invitations and update the tournament spreadsheet with results in a punctual manner.

c) Read all messages posted to this thread and respond to the TO when necessary. Please make sure you subscribe to the event thread to keep abreast of tournament news.

d) Report any problems/issues promptly to the TO directly or this thread. These might include a mistake in your yucata name, a need to be away from yucata for a period, another player who is not making moves, a yucata glitch affecting your game, an incorrect invitation, etc.

Please post here with questions/comments/feedback, and please sign up if you like! Also please thumb this thread to help publicize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prince Adam The Coward
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
How does this work?
badge
Ah, now I see!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in

johndeere
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
In!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In,in,in,in,in,in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey. Sounds like a great way to lose some games of Six against much better players. I'm in!

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Crawford
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll join
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Funke
United States
St. Paul
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im In
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hutchings
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How exactly should we enter the scores? 1 for a win, 0 for a loss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A slim 19 players so far. Any more interested parties? (and yep, we'll enter scores as simply 1-0)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And....Go!

Bracket is ready, let's fire up those matches. If you have an Open Seat across from you, give it a week or so of late registration before I finalize byes.

Speaking of, if you still want to play, we have empty seats! Come join us. :hooray:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoYE2bGf--iMdGx...

New YPS Events Currently Open for Sign-Ups

Online Tournament at Yucata.de - YPS Event 2.08 - 4p Fearsome Floors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All entries have been finalized. Please check the spreadsheet and make sure your first (or second) round match has begun if your opponent is ready.

New YPS Events Currently Open for Sign-Ups

Online Vikings Tournament at Yucata.de - YPS Event 2.09 - 3p Vikings Round Robin

New Online League play option on Yucata.de - To Court the King Ladder League

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of games left in the championship finals, but a big congratulations to fershidum for securing the victory!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.