Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Lee
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it me, or is there something wrong with victims mini-expansion? In the rules it says something along the lines of, one hit, flip the token over to the "hurt" side. But at least on my copy, both sides look exactly the same. Is there something I'm just missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just put a cube on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
orewashinanai wrote:
Is it me, or is there something wrong with victims mini-expansion? In the rules it says something along the lines of, one hit, flip the token over to the "hurt" side. But at least on my copy, both sides look exactly the same. Is there something I'm just missing?

Yeah. All the copies are like this. I am sure the expansion was supposed to be wooden pieces, but somewhere along the line it became cardboard (boo), and then it looks like they forgot to print the back side of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The number of errors and omissions in this rule book really is surprising. Usually I find Queen Games to be a Gold Standard for clear concise rule books and components.

This game is also missing the separate setup sheet and the clean clear rules formatting usually present in Queen Games. Perhaps the jump to an "Ameri" sytle game is a learning experience, the rules are not as easy to write as for a Euro.

Speculation just arrived in the mail and it is up to their usual standards, hopefully DDD was an anomaly and things will return to "normal" in their future games.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carighan Maconar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
The number of errors and omissions in this rule book really is surprising. Usually I find Queen Games to be a Gold Standard for clear concise rule books and components.

This game is also missing the separate setup sheet and the clean clear rules formatting usually present in Queen Games. Perhaps the jump to an "Ameri" sytle game is a learning experience, the rules are not as easy to write as for a Euro.

As someone mused in the other thread, it seems they really really rushed this for the Spiel 2013, and it feels as if QA was skipped well... entirely. Too many spelling mistakes for even one QA pass to have happened.

That being said!
I had very positive experiences with Queen Games support in the past, and if it's anything like LL, they'll send out replacement kits + replacement rulebooks. So here's hope this'll get fixed post-release.

Damn, we should probably be happy that board games don't have launch-day patches so far...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:

Speculation just arrived in the mail and it is up to their usual standards, hopefully DDD was an anomaly and things will return to "normal" in their future games.

Peace

I too am a bit disappointed especially since they said that the game was going to be a little more expensive because it was being produced in Europe. The Pro for this was that it would ship quicker and that they would have better quality control.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carighan Maconar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About the not easy to explain/learn, I don't know.

In a game like this, I'd think it'd actually be easier. You don't need a complete ordered list or anything. Just overview sheets (multiple!), ideally printed on stuff paper or light cardboard. The Shadowrun Gamemaster pack has these for all kinds of things, too.

Here you'd have them for Zombie Attack (what happens + what the icons do), Player Attack, Player Movement, General Turn Order, Group Tracker, and so on. That'd be much easier than the single rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
I have found this too, but we can all agree that writing good Euro rulebooks are easier than writing good Ameritrash rulesbooks, given that Euros tend to have simpler, easier rules.

Having said that, I think the guy who did a lot of Queen rulebooks recently left the company. It's why the rules for Trajan look like Queen rules...it's because that's just how the editor decided to do rules, and now he's doing that format for Hutch instead of Queen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the worst rule book and component screw ups in recent memory, full of errors, ambiguities and ommissions. It's a shame because it seems like a good game and deserved far better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Thunder wrote:
I have found this too, but we can all agree that writing good Euro rulebooks are easier than writing good Ameritrash rulesbooks, given that Euros tend to have simpler, easier rules.

Having said that, I think the guy who did a lot of Queen rulebooks recently left the company. It's why the rules for Trajan look like Queen rules...it's because that's just how the editor decided to do rules, and now he's doing that format for Hutch instead of Queen.

Yet the Speculation game I just got from Queen is a return to the regular Queen fashion/style. Perhaps these rules were written before the Dark Darker Darkest rules.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.