Subject: HUNK - Custom Survivor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
"This is war. Survival is your responsibility."

For fans of Resident Evil, this man needs no introduction. For the unfamiliar, if there's anybody you want on your side in the zombie apocalypse, it's HUNK. Unfortunately, odds are good he'll be helping some sinister corporation cover up whatever incident you've found yourselves caught up in.

Time and time again, Umbrella drops HUNK head-first into some fresh hellhole and time and time again "Mr. Death" emerges from the chaos as the very last man standing. If there's anybody you want covering your back during an outbreak, it's HUNK. Be careful, though - odds are good he'll be helping some sinister corporation cover the outbreak up!

You've likely already noticed HUNK's theme. This guy is hard as nails. Build him for toughness all the way and you'll find that HUNK can survive attacks which would butcher entire groups of lesser survivors, as befits his status as one of Resident Evil's most legendary characters. Dreadnought: Walkers at blue represents his extreme hardiness, a theme continued with Tough at Orange and "Is That All You've Got?" at Red. Hand HUNK a Riot Shield and Nightstick and he might well get buried under an avalanche of zombies only to emerge unscathed on the other side. HUNK survives mission after mission through proficiency as well as sheer toughness, of course, and so he gets +1 Free Combat Action, Lucky, and Reaper: Combat; he is, after all, "Mr. Death"!

Please note that I have not created a Zombivor version of this card. The reason is twofold; my group is experienced and does not much care for the idea of Zombivors in general, and there exists a dearth of art depicting a zombie HUNK. Should you wish to play a Zombivor version of HUNK, simply use the same card and replace "+1 Action" with "+1 Die: Combat".

While I haven't had a chance to playtest HUNK extensively, I am aware that he likely falls on the stronger end of the character spectrum. Such was my aim; HUNK is a Resident Evil legend and the very definition of a survivor. That said, I am more than open to any feedback on his abilities. If you play him, please let me know how he goes! Any gas mask wearing 28mm modern trooper should serve as a fine representation of HUNK on the tabletop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe marty
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome! So far I have made miniatures of Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield and Leon S. Kennedy for Zombicide but haven't made any cards yet. I've also made a William Birkin, Premature Tyrant and a Hunter that I want to add to the game. I love Resident Evil and think there should be an official expansion for Zombicide. Maybe season 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
josezombiekillr wrote:
That's awesome! So far I have made miniatures of Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield and Leon S. Kennedy for Zombicide but haven't made any cards yet. I've also made a William Birkin, Premature Tyrant and a Hunter that I want to add to the game. I love Resident Evil and think there should be an official expansion for Zombicide. Maybe season 4.

Oh man, you made a Claire? I have rules for her, Leon, Ada, and the entire S.T.A.R.S. squad that I'm going to post up at some point. I would love to see what mini you used for Claire. I have one that's decently close, but not close enough for my taste.

If you made an RE2 Leon or an RE3 Jill I'd love to hear how you did it. I have not been able to find the characters in those incarnations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe marty
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheTuninator wrote:
josezombiekillr wrote:

Oh man, you made a Claire? I have rules for her, Leon, Ada, and the entire S.T.A.R.S. squad that I'm going to post up at some point. I would love to see what mini you used for Claire. I have one that's decently close, but not close enough for my taste.

If you made an RE2 Leon or an RE3 Jill I'd love to hear how you did it. I have not been able to find the characters in those incarnations.

My Leon is from RE4. I used a batman thug from heroclix ( I cut of his hat, shaved down his face and added hair and a collar with some green stuff ). Jill is from RE1. I used a kryptonian female from heroclix ( I repositioned her arm and added a pistol, hair and a beret with green stuff.)Clair is from RE2. I used a Maria Hill figure from Heroclix (I added her bangs & ponytail and fringe on the bottom of her shorts with some green stuff) and then on all of these I just made sure to paint them as close to the games as I could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.