Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Shanahan
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having a hard time understanding the Fast/Slow pit rules.

If I have a fast pit (1-10), am I only able to move 1-5 spaces on my next turn? Or is that a bonus move, in addition to what I roll for 4th gear when I leave the pit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is 1-5 this turn. So you move into the pit, get tires, and then move out on the same turn. Next turn you can shift up to fifth gear.

Slow stop - you move in, change tires and wait. Next turn you move out in fourth gear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And you don't roll that same turn. You only get the 1-5 spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan's got it right, just wanted to mention that this is one of the first things we houseruled. Here's how we do it:

HOUSERULE!
When you enter the pit stop, receive all your tire points at once (also change tire type if wanted). No die is rolled.
Next turn, decide to move out in 4th or lower, or stay in the pit this turn and repair up to two points.
Next turn, same as the one before, either keep repairing or move out.
This made pitting a lot more interesting, and also a bit more realistic. (at least we felt so)
END HOUSERULE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
Ryan's got it right, just wanted to mention that this is one of the first things we houseruled. Here's how we do it:

HOUSERULE!
When you enter the pit stop, receive all your tire points at once (also change tire type if wanted). No die is rolled.
Next turn, decide to move out in 4th or lower, or stay in the pit this turn and repair up to two points.
This made pitting a lot more interesting, and also a bit more realistic. (at least we felt so)
END HOUSERULE!

Let me see if I heard you correctly...so if you choose to stay in the pits additional turns, you would get two extra repair points per turn? Interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Shanahan
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:

HOUSERULE!
END HOUSERULE!

Did this cause much pit lane blockage? Seems like you could sit and repair, making people behind you have to wait as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Papageorgiou
Greece
Larisa
Larisa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When you are in the PIT (coloured squares) you are not blocking anyone. If you are in the PIT LANE (grey squares in pit area), then you block people, but in the lane you cannot do repairs of any kind, only in the pit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
superman829 wrote:
Gawain wrote:

HOUSERULE!
END HOUSERULE!

Let me see if I heard you correctly...so if you choose to stay in the pits additional turns, you would get two extra repair points per turn? Interesting!

Yeah, that's the way we do it. Makes the pitting decisions a lot more interesting :) ("Hmm... stay another turn and get an extra suspension- and engine point... or risk it and move out?") The original rules could make you go faster if you pitted (and got a quick pit), compared to the drivers that skipped the pit, so that didn't feel right at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shanahan wrote:
Gawain wrote:

HOUSERULE!
END HOUSERULE!

Did this cause much pit lane blockage? Seems like you could sit and repair, making people behind you have to wait as well.

Nah, what George said. Also, we have "unlimited width pit lane", so we can just jump over other cars there. We also operate with free choice of pit stops, so any sort of blocking happens very rarely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.