Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Zombicide Season 2: Prison Outbreak» Forums » General

Subject: Alternative storage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Pytlarz
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am completely overwhelmed by all the stuff I just got (I pledged about $195, so I got some extra extras on top of the extras). In total, without the next shipment's survivors, I'm looking at 23 survivors that I have minis for, plus an extra tray of zombies that fits in none of the boxes, plus a bunch of dogs...

I have no clue how to store all this. Does anyone have ideas? I'll be brainstorming today to see if I can come up with something, but figured I'd start a discussing in case anyone has a brilliant plan.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a big plano tackle box. I keep the tiles, rules, and cards in the TCM Box and all the zombies, survivors, counters, etc in the box. I'll try to take a pic of the box later.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just going to keep it all in it's original boxes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Baggies for all the survivors, and each type of zombie.
Everything from the KS, and Toxic City Mall fits in the Prison Outbreak box.

But, then again, I'm not painting anything, and my storage solutions will change based on if I decide to.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I just say this now:

Please, no one post that picture.

I'm not sure I could take it.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I also bought a big Plano tackle box. It holds everything but the tiles, which I keep in the Prison Outbreak box.

My storage solution...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lynch
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use something like this (not this exact one, but very similar):



I put all of the setup pieces on one side (survivors/zombivors, cards, small board pieces (doors, objectives, etc))
The other side contains all in-game use pieces (zombies, noise & ability marker tokens, etc).
I leave the rulebooks, tiles and large cutouts (sniper towers, large rubble) in the game boxes - will probably consolidate these contents into a single box for convenience.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Can I just say this now:

Please, no one post that picture.

I'm not sure I could take it.



This picture?

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
Avatar
mb
bigblock75 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Can I just say this now:

Please, no one post that picture.

I'm not sure I could take it.



This picture?



gulp
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to take all the promo survivors out of their boxes and just chuck them in the main boxes. Probably the same with the dogs too. I took some of it out to play last night and all the boxes was just a massive pain in the ass. But the extra tray of zombies fit in my S1 box and everything else should fit well enough. Otherwise I'll just carry the three boxes around.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
bigblock75 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Can I just say this now:

Please, no one post that picture.

I'm not sure I could take it.



This picture?



gulp


cry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
I'm going to take all the promo survivors out of their boxes and just chuck them in the main boxes. Probably the same with the dogs too. I took some of it out to play last night and all the boxes was just a massive pain in the ass. But the extra tray of zombies fit in my S1 box and everything else should fit well enough. Otherwise I'll just carry the three boxes around.

I've just realised I'm going to need more shelves!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
Avatar
mb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
I'm going to take all the promo survivors out of their boxes and just chuck them in the main boxes. Probably the same with the dogs too. I took some of it out to play last night and all the boxes was just a massive pain in the ass. But the extra tray of zombies fit in my S1 box and everything else should fit well enough. Otherwise I'll just carry the three boxes around.

I've just realised I'm going to need more shelves!


Well I'm good for promos this time around
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
I'm going to take all the promo survivors out of their boxes and just chuck them in the main boxes. Probably the same with the dogs too. I took some of it out to play last night and all the boxes was just a massive pain in the ass. But the extra tray of zombies fit in my S1 box and everything else should fit well enough. Otherwise I'll just carry the three boxes around.

I've just realised I'm going to need more shelves!


Well I'm good for promos this time around

What about the rest of an Inmate package?

I'll even chuck in some black, white, and gitd dice...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Warner
United States
Hanover Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotten both sets of kickstarters and I fit them all into a Hobby Lobby artist box. Its full, but it fits. At least until part 2 ships...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Pytlarz
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
unreal41683 wrote:
I've gotten both sets of kickstarters and I fit them all into a Hobby Lobby artist box. Its full, but it fits. At least until part 2 ships...


Holy crap I TOTALLY forgot that I have a spare one of these in the closet. Can you post a picture?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Warner
United States
Hanover Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, here is what I did with the box. This is with very minimal customization (removed 2 screws). I've removed any duplicate materials and foreign language cards are kept in an "off-site" storage area (for possible future custom cards).



The instruction books sit on top.



I kept the pallet in the box to hopefully keep the different compartments sealed during transport. If the bottom of the box comes up higher, this can always be removed.



These are the default compartments. In the top section are survivors/zombivors, character sheets, and small cardboard tile pieces (rubble, turning gate).

This is with all the existing survivors except 2 season 1 promo figs and Kyoko.

Left is the cars and dog cards (character and zombie dog spawn cards). Center is dice and dogs. Right is first player skull and tracker clips.

The lower section here houses all cardboard chits and cards. I'm still not sure how I'm going to setup the decks, so currently I've got a S1 deck, a PO deck, and a TM deck, plus the other spawn decks are separated out. I have put one set of cards that is wounds and starting equipment.



In the bottom of the box I removed the two cross pieces (weren't glued in or anything). Here is all the map tiles, large rubble, and all zombies.

Ideally I would want to center the cardboard and seperate this area into four sections. One for the cardboard and then put the zombies in the other sections. I'm more likely to put them by walker, runner, fatty/abom/dogs than by type because the coloring is pretty easy to tell them apart.

It may be difficult to tell from the pictures, but I don't believe that I am currently crushing any of the figures. Obviously if the cardboard was centered and dividers added, this could reduce this risk even further.

Additional items that I could remove would be a bunch of wound cards and some of those dice... that's a lot of dice.

And for those of you that don't know, that is Hugo's Amazing tape holding the cards. Buy some, it's awesome.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Perrochon
msg tools
designer
publisher
Designer of "Startup Fever"
badge
Designer of "Startup Fever".
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Season 1, Season 2, Toxic City Mall, and plenty of extra zombies and survivors and tiles (the tiles is the only thing I wouldn't buy again).

All fits into Season 1 and 2 boxes. Both kinds of plastic boxes are from Tap Platics. The round tin cans are the same as the ones in Startup Fever. I still could fit more stuff (you see empty plastic boxes), but I may further optimize the packaging for quick setting up and storing away.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally hate any storage solution that's not in the original boxes. Think they all just look crap. So here's mine

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1815009/zombicide-season-two-...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.