Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Spas
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked about but I did not see the answers I am looking for in other threads...
A few questions:

1)Lets say I take a long pit stop. I get my points and start my next turn in 4th gear. I roll poorly and EVEN if 4th, I cannot finish my move and be out of pit lane. On my next turn (I'm still in pit lane), do I need to stay in 4th or can I shift up?
--- I ask this for as in IndyCar racing you must keep under a specific speed while you are in pit lane, so the not being able to gear up in pit lane would reflect this.

2) Lets say that I have the end box in pit lane. I come into the lane and do not have enough movement to make it to my box. Racer #2 comes up behind me (he has the box next to mine) and he DOES have enough spaces to get to his box, but I am in the way (essentially 'blocking' the lane). Does he have to break to avoid me, or can he just 'magically' pass to get to his box?

3) When in the pits, I take a long pit for my tires. I also get some other points back. How many points do I get back? Is there a limit in where can they go? I think I remember, but I just want to check. I don't have the rules with me today...

4) Is the rules available somewhere online I can download?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The official rule has no pit lane speed limit, so you can change up to 5th if you want. Lot of people houserule this in though (myself included).

2) The rules say that he is blocked, however they do NOT cost him any damage in form of WP, so he doesn't have to spend break points or roll for collision. Again, this is often houseruled, so that the pit lane is "unlimited lanes wide".

3) You can repair up to two points, but you are free to choose which yourself. The tires are free. You can't get more points than you started with.

4) Unfortunately, no, not anymore. Send me a geekmail with your email address and I can forward you a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:

2) The rules say that he is blocked, however they do NOT cost him any damage in form of WP, so he doesn't have to spend break points or roll for collision. Again, this is often houseruled, so that the pit lane is "unlimited lanes wide".

Yeah, we've had too many people have their entire race screwed up by an unfortunate happenstance like getting blocked in pit lane. We've been playing with the "pit row is infinitely wide" house rule for years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Spas
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what I thought.
Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Thomason
New Zealand
Nelson
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
One small clarification.

Quote:
3) You can repair up to two points, but you are free to choose which yourself. The tires are free. You can't get more points than you started with.

The 2 points is for the entire race, not per pitstop. For example if you use both points the first time you go into the pits then you can't repair anything but tires for the rest of the race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.