Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know where I can get a decent price on the Plano 1374? It's $40+ on Amazon right now, but I know it has been cheaper before. Any of you have an extra you'd like to sell? (or trade...I have a couple extra elite attack dice, DS9 tokens, command tokens sets) Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what comes up. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
you may want to check your local Target, K-mart, and/or Walmart. They typically stick fishing tackle and the Plano storage are very common. Now I am not sure they will have the 1374 exactly but you can usually find a similar one that will work just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
primtim34 wrote:
Does anybody know where I can get a decent price on the Plano 1374? It's $40+ on Amazon right now, but I know it has been cheaper before. Any of you have an extra you'd like to sell? (or trade...I have a couple extra elite attack dice, DS9 tokens, command tokens sets) Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what comes up. Thanks!

This is the exact system I'm going to buy too. I love that I can buy extra 3750 trays and switch out as needed.

$40 is about the going price everywhere I've seen it (sporting goods stores).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
primtim34 wrote:

This is the exact system I'm going to buy too. I love that I can buy extra 3750 trays and switch out as needed.

$40 is about the going price everywhere I've seen it (sporting goods stores).

It's tough because it was down to $28 just a couple of months ago so I'm hoping it drops again (or I can get a deal on one somehow).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Sager
United States
Sebastopol
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just stopped by the tackle shop today checking it out. They charge $59.

Anybody know if the DS9 token fits in the top compartment? That's what would cinch this for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RequiemX wrote:
Just stopped by the tackle shop today checking it out. They charge $59.

Anybody know if the DS9 token fits in the top compartment? That's what would cinch this for me.

This post in the storage thread has a good write up and says that DS9 doesn't fit. I'm thinking of attaching an external folder on the back to hold DS9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BassPro.com is a great online place to buy Plano items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenn Mikos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
primtim34 wrote:
Does anybody know where I can get a decent price on the Plano 1374? It's $40+ on Amazon right now...

Ugh. I'm so fortunate to live near the Plano factory. They're around $16 at the factory outlet store. It's in Plano, IL, in case anyone local sees this.

Last time I went, I got a 732-series box for under $20.

It came with 3 3700-series trays, and I was also able to get a few 3707 trays that have no dividers at all. That meant I could drop a piece of foam in it to make cutouts:

And each of the two smaller 3650 trays in the sides are just the right size to hold all the tokens, dice, cards, and bases for most 100 point fleets. If I didn't want to take the whole box, I could just grab my two "ready fleets" and the rulers and have everything I need to play.

The 732 appears to be discontinued (it isn't listed on Plano's site anymore), so keep an eye out; you might be able to score one on clearance somewhere...

Also, to get the thread back on track, check craft stores near you. Plano sells the 1374 to places like Michael's and Hobby Lobby under the brand name "Creative Options" - that's where my wife got hers. They tend to run "40% off any one item" coupons in the local papers and online about once a month around here. That should save you a bit...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:

This post in the storage thread has a good write up and says that DS9 doesn't fit. I'm thinking of attaching an external folder on the back to hold DS9.

Thanks for the mention

kemikos wrote:

Ugh. I'm so fortunate to live near the Plano factory. They're around $16 at the factory outlet store. It's in Plano, IL, in case anyone local sees this.

Also, to get the thread back on track, check craft stores near you. Plano sells the 1374 to places like Michael's and Hobby Lobby under the brand name "Creative Options" - that's where my wife got hers. They tend to run "40% off any one item" coupons in the local papers and online about once a month around here. That should save you a bit...

Kenn - I knew you were somewhat close to me, but maybe you're really close! Anyway, I live in Plano, IL - and I did pick up my 1374 at the Plano outlet store. It was just under $25 + tax. It was the only one there (at the time). I'd be willing to go back and get more and ship them out, but I'd just have to figure out how to pack it securely for people. They are also only open 3 days a week. The Creative Options boxes are a lot brighter colors (think lime green sides and pink top), definitely geared towards the ladies.

Since I've done my write-up on the 1374 with Wave 1 now out, I've split my Federation/Klingon trays into individual trays. I'm probably going to do individual trays for each faction and then a single tray for all of my required game components. Since the events I play in are typically straight faction builds, I shouldn't need more than 2 trays on any given event night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kenn,

That looks like an awesome setup! Do you happen to have the part # or something off of the creative solutions box that your wife has? I'd like to get it, but both Michaels and Hobby Lobby are about an hour away and I'd hate to drive there and get nothing so I'd like to call ahead. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
primtim34 wrote:
Kenn,

That looks like an awesome setup! Do you happen to have the part # or something off of the creative solutions box that your wife has? I'd like to get it, but both Michaels and Hobby Lobby are about an hour away and I'd hate to drive there and get nothing so I'd like to call ahead. Thanks!

Ryan,
It is model 1373-82. You want the Large Rack System.
http://creativeoptionscrafts.com/product.php?product=18#18

I looked at HobbyLobby.com and it only mentions the small rack system with 4 of the 3500 series trays instead of 3700 series. It's difficult to find anything on the Michael's website.

Worst case - if there's a Home Depot or other hardware store closer to you - you can get just the trays in single packs ($5) or 3 packs (about $11). Look for the 3700 series (3750 is fine as well). I bought those first, and I have purchase the 4-By 1374 later - and all of the trays are easily interchangeable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I was able to track down a 1374 today with a coupon so I picked it up for $35. Thanks for all the help to all of you.

I have another question now. I'd like to put some decoration on the front of the box. My wife has a vinyl cutter, so I can put any kind of stickers that I'd like (generally only 1-3 colors per sticker). Any suggestions? I thought of putting the logos of each of the factions, but they would have to be pretty small to fit all 11 of the upcoming factions, so I was wondering if this creative bunch had any ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what's your favorite series? Do the communicator symbol from that series plus the star trek attack wing logo below it. Glad you were able to pick one up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stpitner wrote:
what's your favorite series? Do the communicator symbol from that series plus the star trek attack wing logo below it. Glad you were able to pick one up!

TNG, the attack wing logo being the words "Attack Wing" (right?), and that is a great idea. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1374 is currently on sale at Amazon for $25.36. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E3FKTO?tag=article-boar...

I use one for X-Wing and love it. Just got another for Attack Wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gertbert wrote:
The 1374 is currently on sale at Amazon for $25.36. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E3FKTO?tag=article-boar...

I use one for X-Wing and love it. Just got another for Attack Wing.

That's a great price. I love mine. Here it is tricked out with some stickers I picked up at http://www.redbubble.com/:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Whaley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a Meiers near you can try there. Mine was close to $40 though.
It was in the sporting goods department.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is this going to work with the Borg ships I wonder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the one that worries me is the tactical cube. However, before Attack Wing took over the entire thing, I had it sharing with my "game that shall not be named". The Millennium Falcon, Slave 1, Lambda Shuttle, all fit just fine (in their plastic housing to keep them from bumping around too much) in the top tray portion. So worst case that's just where I'm going to keep my tactical cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Good idea. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.