1 Posts

Berserk: War of the Realms» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Mini review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got to play this at essen and thought I would share my impressions.

In this game, you each get a deck of 30 cards and draw 15. Using a predetermined number of points, the players choose which creatures they will use. The rest of the deck is put away.

I played the Orcs and my opponent was the mermaids. It was overwhelming at first (which is expected) to get the 15 cards in hand, but I chose the biggest and most bad ass guys availble.

The players place the creatues down on the board face down and reveal. Since no more draws occur (apart from very few abilities that interact with the deck), the game feel almost like an abstract at this point. However, since each player probably has around 9 creatues all wth stats and abilities, it can seem overwhelming in the first game.

Players take turns moving their creatures around, attacking an shooting, blocking and casting spells. Combat is done using dice, which may be a turn off for some (magic players). Whoever defeats all the other guys monsters win.

I had a lot of fun in the game I payed, but it is clear that this is a roommate-type game, meaning that if you have a buddy you can play this with a lot, you will both learn all the ailities and be able to enjoy the game much more.

So I guess this is an easy one. If you like 1v1 games with lots of wild creatures and special abilities, this is a good one. I really liked how some creatures are very large (and expensive) but there are also many smaller ones. The game is designed such that the most complex moment is when you start (in the sense that you get all the abilities revealed there compared to magic or summoner wars where you can read the cards as the summon). This is a bit like dominion, where you have to read 10 cards at the beginning of the game. If you can overcome that (and have someone you can play this with on a regular basis) I think this will be a fun game for you that you get a lot out of. The game come with 6 decks (30 cards each) and a good pile of cards that you can splash into any deck. This means that if you do not like customisation, you can play the decks as is. When you want more variety or miss a sweet combo, you can find that card in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.