Popular Tags: [View All]
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard anything about the new Pirates game being released by Eagle Games this summer? I'm a big fan of the original PC game and I was wondering how it would make the transition to boardgame. Any Geek guesses? It's time to speculate. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are currently deciding between two designs. One is more of a Euro-style game and the other tries to capture more of the feel of the computer game (sailing, ship combat, sword play, etc). That's all I can say with any accuracy.

On the more speculative side, I don't think there is any way they will make a GenCon release date. This is too bad because they are missing an easy marketing tie-in with the Pirates movie coming out this summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In that case, and considering that it's Eagle Games, I'd think two sets of rules would be a distinct possibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm also getting the feeling that this is one that will have its release date pushed back a few times before we see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.