United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
For your health!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just perusing their news feed and came across this:

"The "Tough Economy" Special Offer is Back!!
We've run these specials five times in the past few years, but we are STILL hearing from gamers who are out of work and we all know the economic environment for some is still pretty difficult. So, we are going to offer our tough economy special once again. Here are the details of the offer:
If you have lost your job since November 1, 2012 and remain unemployed, if you will provide verification of such status to Tony (a_curtis@sbcglobal.net) or the office folks by mail or phone or e-mail, we will send you TWO FREE IN-STOCK GAMES of your choice. Play them, Enjoy them, and know that we will keep this information private and wish you only the best for a quick recovery.

We hope you guys find this special helpful."

Like I said, GMT is amazing. Just wanted to put that out there to spread the word and support what they are doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Discussing Retailers.

Very nice - Thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Juku
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Anderson
United States
Chagrin Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yeah, exactly the sort of company I want to support. Even if I can get it cheaper elsewhere, this makes me want to order from them.

Wonder how many games are distributed this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A while ago, someone asked for a link, the request for which then vanished. Anyway, here it is:
someone wrote:
Link?

Here, I think: GMT "Tough Economy" Special

It's nearly at the bottom of that page. (I don't know if there is a way to mod the URL to jump right to it... I am no web guru. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Hellyer
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
GMT was very thoughtful and generous with me last year when I was out of work. I very much appreciate their generosity and I gladly look to them first when looking at new games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Daquin
Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
why does it strike me as a very clever company in the positive sense of the term?thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am definitely going to buy product from them in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Oldster
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've said it before, but GMT has the best customer service of any company I've dealt with (ok, it ties with two others in the Amazing category).

They have a loyal customer for life here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that very generous of them! I'm not into war gaming at all but after seeing this if I every do get interested in it I would absolutely check out GMT first!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
May the Great Spirit Bless all who read this.
mbmbmbmbmb
I receive nothing but excellent customer service from the people at GMT. I get the best value shipping costs of any game company from GMT. I get terrific games from GMT. But best of all they are a company that have a social consciousness. The business sector in general could take a leaf out of their book. They put to shame the large "greed orientated" corporations which the business worlds holds up as shining examples of success. Paaaaaah! GMT puts them to shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal Clarino
United States
Rockfall
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It must take them awhile to get back to people who try and take part in this. I told two out of work friends about this on the 25th and neither haverecivied a responce from GMT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toerag77 wrote:
It must take them awhile to get back to people who try and take part in this. I told two out of work friends about this on the 25th and neither haverecivied a responce from GMT.

Yep, there was a weekend in between that date and now, and they're swamped with orders from the customer appreciation sale. They only have a small office staff, and while I'm sure they probably added a few extra helpers for the sale it'll still take awhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.