Bret Swanson
United States
North Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't quite where I want it yet but close enough to share and I don't envision having time to finish it up before the year is out, so, presenting a new search and deckbuilder option!

http://anrdb.com

"But do we really need another deckbuilder?"

That's a fair question, but this is unlike other deckbuilders in a few important ways:

1. No logins - decks are stored locally, so just access and build!
2. Crazy fast, I'm going to boast the fastest search option available
3. Mobile friendly

Things yet to do are displaying a deck by image rather than textual list, sprucing up the Solitaire option which as it stands now is really just a graphical glorified starting hand randomizer, and the ability to export decks to a URL retrievable elsewhere (decks being stored locally means at the moment only retrievable on the device on which you built it). I also haven't put any usage help in the Help section yet but hopefully, if I did it right, the site is intuitive enough that this will be largely unnecessary.

Here is an example bbcode export from it:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1059945/deck-kit-3rd-chicago...

Enjoy! Please post any functional issues you encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fake Name
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There may be a problem with the search engine.

Advanced search, then clic "runner" then type "test" hoping to see Test Run, the site replies nothing...
If you type "run", you get a lot of event: run but not test run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Swanson
United States
North Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Dr Watson wrote:

Advanced search, then clic "runner" then type "test" hoping to see Test Run, the site replies nothing...

Thanks for noting. The Text search under Advanced searches the actual text field of the card, not inclusive of the title. (And the text of Test Run does not include the word Test.) For a title search simply use the Title field in the basic search. The two are mutually exclusive. Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swornabsent wrote:
Dear Dr Watson wrote:

Thanks for noting. The Text search under Advanced searches the actual text field of the card, not inclusive of the title. (And the text of Test Run does not include the word Test.) For a title search simply use the Title field in the basic search. The two are mutually exclusive. Hope that helps.

yes...it is a bit silly that the card Test Run is not actually a run event...the original card in NR was called "Sneak Preview"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wabi Sabi Will

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done so far. It is very fast. I'll be using this so i hope you maintain it and keep up with the card base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher MacLeod
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My work proxy blocks the site, saying "Threat Reason: IP addresses are not typically used as legitimate web hosts. HTTP request directly to an IP address", and this URL:

http://50.172.69.49/cards/html/index.html

Anything you can do on your end about this? I haven't seen this particular message before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Looks amazing! Any chance of making an Android app?

Also, "drag cards here" in solitaire mode doesn't work as far as I can tell on mobile, as dragging on the screen at all scrolls it up and down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice...finally a nice DB for mobile.

I'd like to see a general "list all" option though, if possible. Sometimes I just want to look through the full card list and see what I might have missed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Swanson
United States
North Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiv6 wrote:
My work proxy blocks the site, ... Anything you can do on your end about this?

Ouch, that's a bummer. Sadly I can't do anything at the moment as I don't have a name based hosting option where the database resides, and tucking it into a name-friendly frame or making cross-site requests for the searches won't get around the proxy. I'll try to come up with something.

Lysander1 wrote:
Looks amazing! Any chance of making an Android app?

Also, "drag cards here" in solitaire mode doesn't work as far as I can tell on mobile, as dragging on the screen at all scrolls it up and down.

Thanks! And not in the near future, and yeah that's not surprising, that was the last thing I slapped together before sharing. That is first on the list to get some attention when I have time (next year). Thanks for pointing that out.

MavericK96 wrote:
I'd like to see a general "list all" option though, if possible. Sometimes I just want to look through the full card list and see what I might have missed.

Blammo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I see, once you select Corp or Runner in the menu it automatically lists all of the cards. I was expecting a "Search" button somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.