Ahmad Lokman Ishak
Malaysia
JERTEH
TERENGGANU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the fulfillment to activate the superpower has been reached. Must I activate the superpower? Couldn't I use the card for its recruit/attack only and do not activate its superpower? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Activating the superpower is optional. The rest of the text, unless it says "May" is not.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Lokman Ishak
Malaysia
JERTEH
TERENGGANU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
Yes. Activating the superpower is optional. The rest of the text, unless it says "May" is not.

Cheers!

Thanks man!

By the way, I need another clarification. Could I discard a card in my hand without using it? For example one of The Punisher card I acquired said that I need to check my deck and if the Cost of the top card is zero, I have to KO the card. If the card is in my hand, could I put it straight to discard pile without activating it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the Punisher, Boom Goes the Dynamite again. It says reveal top card of deck, if that card is cost 0, KO it (you don't get to pick which card to KO and from where).

How could the top card of your deck be in your hand ? It's either in your hand or top of your deck, can't be in two places at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't just discard a card freely without a trigger or effect to make you do so. Dam is correct about your example as well. Did you have a different example?

loudtwist wrote:
Jacovis wrote:

Cheers!

Thanks man!

By the way, I need another clarification. Could I discard a card in my hand without using it? For example one of The Punisher card I acquired said that I need to check my deck and if the Cost of the top card is zero, I have to KO the card. If the card is in my hand, could I put it straight to discard pile without activating it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
But there is nothing that says you have to play all the cards in your hand, so you could just hold it then discard it at the end of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Lokman Ishak
Malaysia
JERTEH
TERENGGANU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Read the Punisher, Boom Goes the Dynamite again. It says reveal top card of deck, if that card is cost 0, KO it (you don't get to pick which card to KO and from where).

How could the top card of your deck be in your hand ? It's either in your hand or top of your deck, can't be in two places at once.

I mean discarding the Punisher card without activating it. I know that if I use the card, I need to check the top card from my deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Lokman Ishak
Malaysia
JERTEH
TERENGGANU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:
But there is nothing that says you have to play all the cards in your hand, so you could just hold it then discard it at the end of your turn.

I hope what you are saying is correct, because that's the way I played last night. I discarded the Punisher, Boom Goes The Dynamite from my hand and ignore what's on it while the rest of the cards in my hand were played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
loudtwist wrote:
I mean discarding the Punisher card without activating it. I know that if I use the card, I need to check the top card from my deck

Sure, you could just not play him, but since he doesn't have any Recruit or Attack, doesn't really pertain to your initial query, does it? Besides, I'd never not play Boom Goes the Dynamite, KOing 0-cost cards is never a bad thing. Well, maybe if they make a Scheme were Evil Wins if X number of grey heroes have been KOd, but currently BGtD Punisher is auto-play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:

well yes, but that is a discard effect that is caused by a game rule effect. The OP had implied he wanted to discard the card during his turn for some reason.

Dam and MajorOracle are correct, you can choose not to play a card. I think someone else literally just asked this question in another thread too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Lokman Ishak
Malaysia
JERTEH
TERENGGANU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! It has becomes clear to me that to not play a card is also an option. As for the rest of your opinions, thanks too! They are making my game session went smoothly.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.