Subject: [Deck] Noise Mill - Spin Cycle Free rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First thing to note, this is for a Spin Cycle free meta.

I have 2 versions of this deck. This is the one I started with.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (11)
Deja Vu (Core) x3
Surge (Humanity's Shadow) x2
Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) x1 ■■■
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Demolition Run (Core) x2

Hardware: (11)
Cyberfeeder (Core) x3
Grimoire (Core) x2
The Personal Touch (Core) x3 ■■
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x2
Clone Chip (Creation and Control) x1 ■■

Program: (13)
Djinn (Core) x3
Datasucker (Core) x3
Parasite (Core) x3
Darwin (Future Proof) x2
Imp (What Lies Ahead) x2

Resource: (10)
Daily Casts (Creation and Control) x3
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow) x2
Professional Contacts (Creation and Control) x2 ■■
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3

I liked the idea of forcing the corp more turns to clear to viruses but realized that it made it very hard to run when I didn't draw my Personal Touches. Also thought Kati didn't really fit in. So I went for this revision.

I swapped the Darwins for Crypsis, and personal touches for Scavenge. Kati and Professional Contacts for Aesops and Wyldside and Sahasrara.

Identity:
Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (14)
Deja Vu (Core) x3
Surge (Humanity's Shadow) x2
Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) x1 ■■■
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Demolition Run (Core) x2
Scavenge (Creation and Control) x3 ■■

Hardware: (7)
Cyberfeeder (Core) x3
Grimoire (Core) x2
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x2

Program: (15)
Djinn (Core) x3
Datasucker (Core) x3
Parasite (Core) x3
Imp (What Lies Ahead) x2
Sahasrara (Creation and Control) x2 ■■
Crypsis (Core) x2

Resource: (9)
Daily Casts (Creation and Control) x3
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3
Wyldside (Core) x2
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core) x1 ■■

I would like hear what people think about possibly squeezing in another Grimoire and a couple of Ice Carvers even if it meant going over 45 cards. My little testing so far show I really hurt for memory when I don't get a Grimoire in my hand early. And one fun trick when I have it out is scavenging Crypsis to put a virus token on him and mill an extra card when I have it out. I think the Ice Carvers would be useful in getting the parasites back into the heap for retrieval. I know going over 45 is usually considered bad but I thought it might be countered by the Wyldside draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Law
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Kinda old school. I like it. Obviously, there is no need to worry about Jackson.

The only thing that really stands out to me is Demolition Run. I think you should try to fit at least one Medium and one Nerve Agent if you plan on using Demolition Run. Viruses, so they synergize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first take included Medium instead of Imp, I changed it after my first as I wasn't aggressively running. I suppose if I was to risk going a few cards over, I could throw an extra Virus or 2 in. As they do work nicely together and a Medium or Nerve Agent with a virus token (or 3!) is a threat the Corp can't ignore.

Actually the last game I played, cards in hand was the issue, as I use them as fast as I draw them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
And one fun trick when I have it out is scavenging Crypsis to put a virus token on him and mill an extra card when I have it out.

Scavenge costs a Click and a card, so all you're really doing is one damage to each of you. I am now, however, very interested in squeezing some Scavenge into Noiserara for Imps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah scavenging Imp is the better option if it's out (for number of virus counters). I initially didn't give Imp enough credit, but it means the corp can't feel confident leaving his PAD/Eve/Adonis resources unguarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.