Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: One on One rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrix Devitt
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
On a few misbehave cards (the one that I have in hand is "Old Vendetta") there is a Fight skill test that reads as follows;

One on One
Choose 1 Crew for Fight
1-5 Kill Chosen Crew. Attempt botched.
6+ Proceed.

For the purposes of that test does only the Fight skill of the chosen crew member (plus gear) count? Or does the choice of crew only affect who potentially dies, and the skill test is based on the collective fight skill of everyone?

I argued the former when one of my friends pulled the card, but he vociferously argued the latter, lol. I mean, it's supposed to be One on One, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right! I found Crow with his Knife to be perfect together for this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
The card says "choose 1 crew for (Fight test)." I think it's pretty clear that only that one crew and his gear applies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's how we ruled it.

A few additional questions that came up:

1) If you have Tracey, his special ability is that he dies first. Does that apply in this circumstance?

Our ruling was that the Misbehave card supersedes Tracey's ability because a) it specifies that you need to pick a crew member and b) the intent of Tracey's ability seems to be to limit player choice.

2) Can you send your captain into the duel? If so, does he just become disgruntled, or does he also return to the ship? (In the example where it came up, it was the 2nd card of a 4-Misbehave run, so it was important to know).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Grange
msg tools
gwek wrote:
That's how we ruled it.

A few additional questions that came up:

1) If you have Tracey, his special ability is that he dies first. Does that apply in this circumstance?

Our ruling was that the Misbehave card supersedes Tracey's ability because a) it specifies that you need to pick a crew member and b) the intent of Tracey's ability seems to be to limit player choice.

I would say that Tracey's does take effect. Imagine the scene in Jaynestown where Jayne is one-on-one, and a young mudder jumps in front of the shot.

Quote:
2) Can you send your captain into the duel? If so, does he just become disgruntled, or does he also return to the ship? (In the example where it came up, it was the 2nd card of a 4-Misbehave run, so it was important to know).

I would say yes you can. And yes, he would both become disgruntled and return to the ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cave Johnson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nsuterry wrote:

I would say that Tracey's does take effect. Imagine the scene in Jaynestown where Jayne is one-on-one, and a young mudder jumps in front of the shot.

I'd disagree. I wish I was at home so I could look at the card, but I believe it specifically says kill CHOSEN crew. That would supersede Tracey's ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carlson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you choose your leader for this card? Not only is he immune to dying, but it's very realistic for your leader to be your best choice. There are multiple two-fight leaders, and it's reasonable that you might give one of them a nice weapon like Burgess's Laser or Pod Grenades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Grange
msg tools
JRedGiant1 wrote:
Can you choose your leader for this card? Not only is he immune to dying, but it's very realistic for your leader to be your best choice. There are multiple two-fight leaders, and it's reasonable that you might give one of them a nice weapon like Burgess's Laser or Pod Grenades.

I've been allowing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.