Subject: Some foolish questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Endre Fodstad
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, the Winter Campaign card allows you (using the 1 move to do so instead of moving) to maintain one single siege over the winter, and the besieged troops suffer siege attrition in the winter turn?

A city or castle currently being besieged will NOT be able to reinforce its besieged garrison with newly drawn blocks during turns 1-5 (which will very frequently happen when Damascus, Aleppo or Egypt are under siege, due to Kurds, Turks and Arabs being drawn), and NOT, in the event of a winter siege, be allowed to replace its lost steps with the replacements provided by city/castles value?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
That is my understanding of the rules... though its been awhile for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Rules subforum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Endre Fodstad wrote:
As I understand it, the Winter Campaign card allows you (using the 1 move to do so instead of moving) to maintain one single siege over the winter, and the besieged troops suffer siege attrition in the winter turn?

Per the 1.4 Rules : 9.12 : Any / all existing sieges may continue as desired. Siege Combat is allowed. Winter Attrition is ignored for the besieger, but Siege Attrition applies to both players ( Besieger rolls first ).

[ Care : This has changed in the 2.0 rules to ( roughly ) : Only one Winter siege is allowed, and only the besieged troops suffer Siege Attrition ( applies to normal turns and the Winter turn ). Note however, that Winter Siege Attrition is Harsher than normal Siege Attrition. ]

Quote:
A city or castle currently being besieged will NOT be able to reinforce its besieged garrison with newly drawn blocks during turns 1-5 (which will very frequently happen when Damascus, Aleppo or Egypt are under siege, due to Kurds, Turks and Arabs being drawn), and NOT, in the event of a winter siege, be allowed to replace its lost steps with the replacements provided by city/castles value?

Per various Questions and Answers on either this forum or the Columbia Games Crusader Rex forum : The former point is correct.
Per the 1.4 Rules : The latter point is correct.

[ The latter point remains correct per the 2.0 rules. ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.