Brendan Newell
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. When advancing the blessing deck every turn, do we check to see if we acquire the blessing cards?
2. When doing (for example) an arcane check (which seems to be a sub-skill of either Intelligence or Charisma) do I roll my Intelligence or Charisma die (whichever applies) and add the bonus for arcane?
3. When adding a die to a check because of a card, can I add any die (ie the biggest possible everytime)? Or do I add another of the type I'm already using?
4. When encountering a Henchman, if I defeat him I can try to close the location. If I fail to close the location, is the Henchman still discarded? Is the only way to close the location now to draw every card from the location?
5. Can players use cards on each other when they are in different locations?
Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brendannewell wrote:
1. When advancing the blessing deck every turn, do we check to see if we acquire the blessing cards?
2. When doing (for example) an arcane check (which seems to be a sub-skill of either Intelligence or Charisma) do I roll my Intelligence or Charisma die (whichever applies) and add the bonus for arcane?
3. When adding a die to a check because of a card, can I add any die (ie the biggest possible everytime)? Or do I add another of the type I'm already using?
4. When encountering a Henchman, if I defeat him I can try to close the location. If I fail to close the location, is the Henchman still discarded? Is the only way to close the location now to draw every card from the location?
5. Can players use cards on each other when they are in different locations?
Thanks for your help!

1. No. The blessings deck serves as a timer, and some cards interact with the top card of the blessings deck, but you never attempt to acquire those cards.
2. Yes.
3. You add the base die you are using. So Ezren getting an extra die on a strength check gets d6, and on an arcane check gets d12.
4. Yes, the henchman is discarded and you have to empty the location deck to try again (or chase the villain to that location and close it by defeating the villain there).
5. Unless the card says otherwise, yes. You can never evade or defeat a card for another player though, regardless of location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No. you cannot acquire any cards from the blessings deck.

2. Yes. Ezren rolls his intelligence die (d12) + 2 for his arcane bonus.

3. You add the skill die you are using (but not any bonus). Ezren making an arcane check would get an extra d12. If Ezren is making a dexterity check he gets an extra d6.

4. The henchman is banished if you defeat it. If you fail or choose not to close the location you cannot attempt it again until the location deck is empty.

5. Yes unless the card specifies that it can only be used at your location. One example is Blast Stone: "Banish this card to add 1d4 to a combat check at your location."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Rocher
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
Current Holder of FITZ the Cursing Dice!
mbmbmbmb
brendannewell wrote:

yes(but it is removed to the box, thus banished) and yes. Then you may attempt to fulfill when closing requirement.

And at some time you may have an occasion where a villain has been moved to a location in which hasn't been closed, if you encounter either the villain or the henchman in that location and defeat one of them, you will have an opportunity to close that location as well, even though both of them resided there. If the villain cannot flee to another location, you have won the game, but if you instead closed the location after defeating the henchman, then remove every other existing card except the villain and the villain will be the only card left to encounter at that location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
4) There are three ways to permanently close a loc:

A) Defeat a non-summoned henchman, then fulfill the closing requirement (optional). If you close it, banish all cards EXCEPT for the villain, if he's there. If the villain is there, the loc remains open with the villain being the sole occupant.

B) Be in an empty loc during your turn (either because you empty it during the turn or it was empty when the turn started and you started or moved there) and fulfill the closing requirement (optional). If you close it, follow the procedure above.

C) Defeat the Villain in that loc. No other closing requirement is necessary. Defeating the villain closes the loc, banishing all remaining cards. This is not optional. If there are no open locs, you win. If there are any, the villain escapes as per the procedure in the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone C.
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ask here just to be in topic: let's take ezren, he has int: d12+2 and arcane: int +2 , when i need to check for arcane should I roll a (d12+2)+2 or just (d12)+2 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Mailok wrote:
I ask here just to be in topic: let's take ezren, he has int: d12+2 and arcane: int +2 , when i need to check for arcane should I roll a (d12+2)+2 or just (d12)+2 ?

Your Arcane check is Int +2, so if your Int is d12+2, your Arcane check is (d12+2)+2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.