Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hill Folk - Angry Mob rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Angry Mob subtext reads as:
+1 fight When you have at least 3 Hill Folk in Crew.

When you have 3 of these Hill Folk they all have this same subtext 'Angry Mob'. Does that mean you have:

a) +1 Fight for all 3 Hill Folk.

b) +3 Fight for all 3 Hill Folk, because all 3 have the Angry Mob subtext.

Played the game and this question came up. Some see it as A, others as B.

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jepsen
msg tools
I see it as option B. They all have the text, therefore when you meet the condition (have 3 hillfolk in crew) they each get a +1 fight skill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with B. In addition, if you also had more than three of the six Hill Folk cards (Stark, The Patron, Doralee) you would continue to get +1 per card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wydraz
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's clearly option A.
Each gets +1 if there are 3 or more of them, NOT +1 each per hill folk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Each Hill Folk gains the +1 bonus as soon as there are 3 Hill Folk in your crew. Assuming all three Hill Folk are working the job where the Fight check happens, that means a net +3 on your roll.

I think that's what the OP meant by Option B. +3 Fight for all 3 Hill Folk (together.) And I agree with that.

If he meant +3 per Hill Folk (net +9 if all are working the same job), then that's assuredly wrong. But I don't think that's what he meant.

Since it says "in your crew" and not "working the job" I would think any Hill Folk working the job would get their +1, even if some of the Hill Folk are back on the ship (for whatever reason.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Everybody wants to be a Game Designer but nobody wants to be a Game Designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
wydraz wrote:
It's clearly option A.
Each gets +1 if there are 3 or more of them, NOT +1 each per hill folk.

ninja Ninja'd!

I guess it's not clearly option A since you are describing option B.

Mal (with 2 fight) and 2 (generic) Hill Folk = 2 Fight.

Mal (with 2 fight) plus Doralee and 2 (generic) Hill Folk = 5 Fight.

Mal (with 2 fight) and all five Hill Folk (Stark with 1 Fight, the Patron with 1 Fight, Doralee and 2 generic) = 9 Fight.

Question to Jon Snow: I have 25 cards for Silverhold but only 5 Hill Folk. Should I have six?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GODROB:

Sorry, you're right, there are only five! Which I checked on my new FIREFLY ALPHA CREW LIST, now available in the Files Section below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.