J Sorken
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
According to what I am seeing, everyone I have seen is playing the game WRONG!

Glessings of the Gods
-If you encounter this card, you automatically acquire it
-Discard this card to add 1 die to a check
-Discard this card to explore your location
-You may instead treat this card as if it were identical to the top card of the blessings discard.

Other Blessings (There may be some that do not say this)
-Discard this card to add 1 die to a check
-Discard this card to add 2 dies to a (specific) check
-Discard this card to explore your location
RECHARGE
-If the top card of the blessings discard pile matches this card, recharge this card instead of discarding it.

So - here is what I am seeing:
If you are using the Blessings of the Gods for ANY reason, always treat it as a copy of the card on the discard pile.

Reason: Since the BotG card does not specific it removes the discard blessing, copies only part of it, etc - the BotG card also gains the RECHARGE ability of the Blessing Discard. Since the BotG is now an identical copy of the card on the Blessings discard, it meets the recharge ability and is therefore recharged regardless of what it is now used for.

Someone please find where this is not a legitimate play cause basically what it makes me think is that specific blessings are worthless except for giving two cards, but who cares when you can always recharge the card....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
From the official FAQ:

Does Blessing of the Gods copy the recharge information from the top card of the blessings discard pile?

No—just the powers.

Resolution: On the blessing Blessing of the Gods, change the last power to:

"You may instead treat this card as if it had the same powers as the top card of the blessings discard pile."

This card also appears in the Character Add-On Deck.

Link to FAQ: http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gk#v5748eaic9r52
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the official FAQ
http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gk#v5748eaic9r52

They said no, just the power of blessing not recharge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Engilis
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a rule we had wrong at first as well (allowing the Blessings of the Gods to be recharged). It made the game way too easy. And if you think about it, if you could recharge the blessings cards so easily then when would you ever have to worry about running out of cards in your deck and dying because you couldn't draw. It could happen but it's much, much less likely that it would. When we were playing it wrong Pathfinder became Parkstroller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I now treat BotG as simply saying:

"If you encounter this card, you automatically acquire it.

Additionally, this card has all of the powers of the top card of the blessings discard pile."

This is simper and clearer, because all of the blessings (so far) do everything BotG does anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never had issue with that. Seemed to me the whole time that you were just copying the powers and not the recharge. But it's been officially clarified with the FAQ as others have pointed out.

Kind of along the lines of a character's power that says to discard a card to gain certain affects. When the card is played like that, it never made sense to me to also be able to recharge it if it had a recharge. You aren't playing the card normally, your using it as a cost to use something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brayle wrote:

Additionally, this card has all of the powers of the top card of the blessings discard pile."

This is simper and clearer, because all of the blessings (so far) do everything BotG does anyway.
If that was the only thing actually written on the card, then it would have no powers at all when BotG was the top discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/spsearch.php?objectid=133038&object...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Proto Persona wrote:
brayle wrote:

If that was the only thing actually written on the card, then it would have no powers at all when BotG was the top discard.

Good point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.