Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Flynn
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I was an early adopter of Bonaparte at Marengo - (which I learned about solely through this website) and am very excited to purchase Napoleon's Triumph. Has anyone heard anything other than what's on the simmons games website? Seems like the development may have stalled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the game is in playtesting and Bowen has not posted updates b/c he doesn't want to discuss strategy issues online, preferring that players discover them for themselves. There's a post on CSW in the BaM folder to this effect.

I would guess that his next entry, if there is one, will be about some design issue that sprang from the playtesting and how he tackled it. But in a perfect world (i.e. game is almost ready to go) we may not see any more entries! Which is a shame given how well-written they are, but obviously has the benefit of NT being released sooner.

Edit: Hey, where's my avatar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gotthard Heinrici (prev. Graf Strachwitz)
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question, I have been waiting (and saving) eagerly for this monster game. I was hoping it would be out before essen but now I will be glad if it is getting produced at all!
Dear Mr. Simmons, are you still there?! Please let us know if/when we can read more about the development of your Austerlitz battle. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still here. There have been two things going on:

(1) Playtesting, which in general I won't discuss because it involves describing strategy, and I have a strong general preference that players should come up with their own strategy and not have their heads filled with plans from the designer.

(2) Physical production issues. There has been a major headache here which I have not discussed yet, but will discuss once it is (finally) resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heinzmann
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
any ballpark date on when we can pre-order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bowen wrote:
I am still here. There have been two things going on:

(1) Playtesting, which in general I won't discuss because it involves describing strategy, and I have a strong general preference that players should come up with their own strategy and not have their heads filled with plans from the designer.

(2) Physical production issues. There has been a major headache here which I have not discussed yet, but will discuss once it is (finally) resolved.

How have things progressed in the past month? Would you be willing to share any hints on the current status of Napoleon's Triumph?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.