Wulf Knightheart
msg tools
Okay, so someone take pity on me... I am loving Rise of the Runelords and the growth your character can have throughout the course of the game, but I was given Dungeonquest (3rd edition)around the same time - and I love that game too.

Here's my thought (and endless google searching is not helping): is there a way to take one of the characters from pathfinder and convert them to play Dungeonquest between scenarios? On boardgamegeek someone made some awesome campaign rules for Dungeonquest that has enough potential that I see this bridge possible between the two games.

I don't want to reinvent rules/ideas that might already be out there. Anyone up for the challenge?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love DungeonQuest (third edition) too. It might cool to try to create Dragonfire Mountain as a Pathfinder scenario... but killer dungeons can be a drag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Knightheart
msg tools
Yes, I definitely agree with the idea of having my favourite hero slaughtered on their day off being a drag. But what I do like is with the created campaign rules for Dungeonquest, there are "Fate Points" which prevent (or at least hold way back) the dungeon's typical demise system.

I know that characters from D&D can be converted to Pathfinder RPG (and then to the card system game) and I know that characters in Dungeonquest can be converted to Descent and Runebound. What I am hoping to discover that there is, somewhere in there, a system where the two can meet and a bigger conversion to join the two games can happen. Too big of a hope?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG's characters for their Terrinoth boardgames go from Runebound to Dungeonquest etc. But FFG has nothing to do with Pathfinder at all.

You should do it yourself Wulf while you have both games in mind. It is very cool to play Pathfinder with minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.