Doug Clark
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Many times a boon will appear in the location deck that I (as Lini) do not want in my discard pile because I don't want those cards diluting my chance to get my good discarded cards back with a cure spell.

Page 10 of rules says "if it's a boon, you may try to acquire it for your deck; it it's a bane, you must try to defeat it"

Can I choose not to accept a boon or opt not to roll and let it be banished as it would on a failed roll? Or if I choose not to attempt to acquire it, does it just sit there on top of the location deck? Or does it get shuffled back in to the location deck?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kozmik wrote:
Many times a boon will appear in the location deck that I (as Lini) do not want in my discard pile because I don't want those cards diluting my chance to get my good discarded cards back with a cure spell.

Can I choose not to accept a boon or opt not to roll and let it be banished as it would on a failed roll?

Thanks!

You do NOT have to attempt the check to get the boon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Clark
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
But does it just stay on top of the location deck, get shuffled into the location deck, or get banished if I choose not to attempt to acquire it? Thanks!

ps I wasn't clear about this second part before I edited my post after you replied -- Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kozmik wrote:
But does it just stay on top of the location deck, get shuffled into the location deck, or get banished if I choose not to attempt to acquire it? Thanks!

ps I wasn't clear about this second part before I edited my post after you replied -- Thanks!

It gets banished unless the card says otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Clark
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the rules reference for completeness...

p.15
Quote:
Check to Acquire: If you encounter a boon while exploring a
location, you may attempt a check to acquire the card. If you succeed
at the check, put the card in your hand; if you fail, or choose not
to attempt the check, banish the card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind though, that other members of your party might like to have that item after the adventure is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.