Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spell Traits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick and simple question:

A monster says that I must attack with a spell that has a certain trait.

The spell has that trait listed as one of the keywords on the left, but the actual text of the attack says the attack only gains one of those traits.

So, it begs the question, does the existence of the keyword on the left automatically qualify that spell to be used against a certain monster, or does the spell only have the trait that is listed in the attack/text box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm fairly certain all traits listed on the card will apply.

I'm also very curious to know what spell you are referring to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
I'm fairly certain all traits listed on the card will apply.

I'm also very curious to know what spell you are referring to.

I'm guessing it's a case of just over-reading.

The spell was Lightning Touch. On the left it lists: Magic, Arcane, Attack, Electricity, Basic.

The text, however, specifically adds the phrase Arcane die + 2d4 with the Electricity trait.

I was up against a Shadow, which states the attack must have the "Magic" trait.

Now, magic is listed on the card, but what threw me off was the attack specifically mentioning Electricity, as if it was the only thing attached to the attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ah, I see. I would imagine that it emphasizes the electricity trait in the powers section because if something is immune to electricity it would be immune to that spell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They added in specific references to certain traits for the dice to make sure people see them and for other reasons.

When you use a card to make a check specifically, such as the 'for your combat check, roll...,' those cards add each trait listed on the top left of the card to the check. Lightning Touch adds Magic, Arcane, Attack, Electricity, and Basic. The text just points out that it adds Electricity, but it doesn't take away it adding the other traits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.