Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really have a hard time understanding this part of the game, the rules don't seem very clear to me.

It appears everyone starts with a monster in front them that will either be fought or passed (if possible). Should you defeat the monster, can you continue to fight other monsters or is your round over? If you can fight more monsters are they drawn from the monster deck? At what point is the reserves deck even used? There sure seems like a ton of monsters in the reserve deck that could go unused?!

Anyone with a simple, yet detailed, guideline for this part of the game?

The rules were not clear to me.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you defeat a monster, the next player goes. when it gets back to you you can take the faceup monster or one of the top of the deck as your next one to fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And when there is no face down monsters in the deck? When does the reserves come in play? Your HP doesn't change back until the next equip phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's near impossible to go through the whole deck.
Nothing changes, any cards you tapped stay taped until the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "deck" is 3 cards per player, so you should be able to get through it.

Reserves comes into play with certain spells and items that can swap out a monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that if you don't "like" the monster that is in front of you, you can always pass it on to the next player to your right and draw a new one.

You should be able to cycle through the monster deck without any problem. We found the rules are not very explicit, but during set-up you deal out one of the monsters to each player so that during the gear-up phase, players know what it is they're going against.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.