Caysi McQuillan
United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars" - unknown
mbmbmbmbmb
Today i participated in Epic Loot's "Epic Halloween Celebration". It was a day filled with board game demonstrations with different board game companies, costume contests, awesome halloween movie clips, free comics, and good music all around. Since i was asked to show some games today, i decided to take all of the Eagle/Gryphon games i had and let everyone pick what they wanted to play.

Cheeky Monkey was chosen second to play. Everyone seemed to love the cute little monkey that this game came in. The early afternoon was a slow afternoon so the first game that I played was just with one player. I explained the game and he picked up on the rules rather quickly. I started off with good start and always managed to stop before i drew a duplicate. Player 2 was not having the same luck. He had a way of drawing duplicates and losing all his tokens into the bag! Little by little i collected different animals and protecting them the best i could in my little stack. Every now and then one of us would steal animals from these stacks. Somehow we made it to the bottom of the bag. After counting chips and handing out the bonus score tiles the final scores were as follows:

Player 1 (me): 51
Player 2: 31

Player 2 enjoyed this game enough he wanted a rematch. At this point we had another person join us making this a three person game. Game play was much faster this time around. Player 2 and I were going back and forth over who was collecting the most chips. Player three was drawing double boars on every turn. He could not get chips for the first 10 turns or so. Finally he was able to collect some chips, of course by then player 2 and I were so far ahead there was no catching up. No worries though, his luck changed and he was able to get a decent amount to at least close the gap, or at least try to close the gap. After the last chip was drawn and the bonus tiles handed out the scores were as follows:

Player 1: (me): 31
Player 2: 44
Player 3: 18

Looks like Player 2 got the revenge he was seeking!!!

This is great game when you want something quick and easy to play. Its great for families with children. Also, its a great in between game type of game as it will give your brain a little rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.