Ben Bertrandt
msg tools
Hi guys,

I just advanced the Blessings Deck at the start of my turn...

Can I play the Spy Glass before I move? Or, does that have to be played after I choose to move or not move?

I'm trying to confirm if that move step has to be the very first thing I choose to do or not do.

Thanks in advance for the Wisdom +2,

Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Unless a cards says otherwise, you can play it at any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bertrandt
msg tools
Thanks, C. Basically, I had played Spyglass to start my turn and didn't like what I saw. So, I wanted to move to another location and explore (instead of where I was currently). I had a feeling I could do so since I didn't do the Explore step but just wanted to double check as it's a rather pivotal rule.

Appreciate the piece of mind and assist.

- Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the files section there's a Turn sequence breakdown which gives a blow by blow account of quite when you can do everything, including when the "anytime" windows crop up. This is great for giving reassurance about just these sort of issues
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I assumed that is what the spyglass was supposed to be used for and why it's a great under appreciated card. Although your question made my heart jump wondering if I've been playing it wrong this whole time, haha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sobotka wrote:
I assumed that is what the spyglass was supposed to be used for and why it's a great under appreciated card. Although your question made my heart jump wondering if I've been playing it wrong this whole time, haha!

Who in their right mind is under-appreciating that card? Knowing what the next 2 cards are in that location is huge no matter when you play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kysmart wrote:
Sobotka wrote:

Who in their right mind is under-appreciating that card? Knowing what the next 2 cards are in that location is huge no matter when you play it.

Seriously, this is one of my favorite cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
slacks wrote:
Seriously, this is one of my favorite cards.

You can imagine the wails, then, when we decided after the playtests to change Spyglass to say it examined two cards... rather than three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was the very last turn, two locations left, players on both locations. The fighter was about to switch to the other location to see if he could find the villain. I played mend, fixed his spyglass, he decided to use it before moving, which saved our bacon as he found the villain. He defeated the villain, and the players at the other location temp closed that space, winning the game. It was very close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.