Caysi McQuillan
United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars" - unknown
mbmbmbmbmb
Today i participated in Epic Loot's "Epic Halloween Celebration". It was a day filled with board game demonstrations with different board game companies, costume contests, awesome halloween movie clips, free comics, and good music all around. Since i was asked to show some games today, i decided to take all of the Eagle/Gryphon games i had and let everyone pick what they wanted to play.

The game started as most coop games, with players discussing strategies and trying to pick a solid direction and goal for their character. Player 1(Eagle Rider) chose to immediately start on his quest and fly to Sapphire's location. He was able to complete the quest but Sapphire seemed to almost sense the danger and marched on Monarch City. In two turns, Sapphire moved to his third location toward his victory. By this time, the Eagle Rider was finally able to gather enough hero cards to add dice and defeat Sapphire in one massive roll(nine dice).

While the above was happening, the other players(Cleric, Dwarf, and Wizard) were moving around the board trying to keep a handle on the ever increasing number of minions spreading. We were all having a tough time getting a good number of hero cards to be able to defeat any of the other generals. Finally, three of us gathered on Gorgutt's location and teamed up to fight him. This victory went to the Cleric.

With three of the four of us having been focused on the Orc General, the demon(Balazarg) took his opening and advanced to Bounty Bay, his next movement would end the game. Seeing this it was now a race to get our Dwarf and Wizard to Bounty Bay. They were able to move but the demon minions were too much to allow them any sort of chance to stop the general. Finally, on our Wizard's turn, night fell and darkness spread and Balazarg stormed Monarch City and with disappointment, our wizard announces, we have lost...

After this crushing defeat of the game, one player was addicted to this game. So much so, he is starting a search to buy this amazing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So underrated. It is a gem of a game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a fun time! Wish I could have made it, but circumstances conspired against me. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm Gonna Wreck It!
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
partangel wrote:
...so much so he is starting a search to buy this amazing game...

Saw these listings just today

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164249/item/2891941#item28...
http://boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&item...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.