Merchant of Venus (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Not enough movement points to land -- what to do? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johnny Appleseed
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Greetings, just opened up the box of my long awaited purchase of the game. I set up the game and am playing by myself so I can work out the kinks before introducing it to the family.

Sadly, I ran into a question two turns into the game. I had 11 movement points and it ended up taking me to the space that leads you to be able to land on the surface. It takes 2 points to do so. Well, I used 10 of my 11 points to get to that point and I do not have the 2 points needed to land.

I remember seeing in the book that I must use all of my movement points if I do not land or get stopped by an encounter, etc.

So in my case, since I do not have enough points to land am I forced to use my last movement point and fly by the landing location? If I do that then I have to then on my next turn, turn the ship around and then land since I will most undoubtably have enough (excess) movement points then?

Was this just a bummer count of movement points that is going to force me to overshoot the planet and turn it around to land?

Thank you all for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You have to use as many points as you can. However, you also might have had the option to stop short on an asteroid. Landing on one of those allows you to "waste" the remainder of your allotted movement for the turn. Still doesn't get you were you are going but at least you don't have to overshoot it either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what Brian means to say is yes, in that situation you do have to overshoot. On your next turn you reverse direction and land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Appleseed
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Thank you both very much for your clarification. Looks like I will have to "swing 'er around!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K.
Germany
Landau in der Pfalz
flag msg tools

thanks from me too... I just bought the GERMAN FIRST Edition in Essen....

I can`t wait for First Play.... laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.