Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
The anti-trust operation reads:

Quote:
N7. ANTI-TRUST OPERATION (FINANCE)
To perform this operation, you must be in power, and must have a victim with two or more hand cards of the same category (thruster, GW thruster, robonaut, refinery, generator, radiator, reactor, freighter, colonist). If so, your victim must choose one of his excess hand cards to surrender to your hand. It does not matter how many cards are in your hand.

So what are excess hand cards, because this section does not provide any explanation? I assume the section above allows for the following:

If a player has two radiators and has two thruster he can pick either a radiator or a thruster to surrender. Right?

Thank you for your support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording of the rules are that the owning player can choose which of his duplicates to give to you.

The intention of the rules was that the person who chose the operation gets to choose a category ("Thrusters") and the owning player surrenders a thruster.

It actually doesn't make much sense if the owning payer can decide which duplicate to hand off, since this could put you in a situation of never breaking a (Shimizu) monopoly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While that might have been the intention. Currently the player owning the cards get's to choose which of his/her duplicate cards to give to the person performing anti-trust op. The person performing the anti trust doesn't get to choose the category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuelw3 wrote:
While that might have been the intention. Currently the player owning the cards get's to choose which of his/her duplicate cards to give to the person performing anti-trust op. The person performing the anti trust doesn't get to choose the category.

I've even asked Phil about it awhile back while playtesting, (with Sam) and this was his response. (bolding/underlining mine)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Currently the player owning the cards get's to choose which of his/her duplicate cards to give to the person performing anti-trust op

This by itself is still inconclusive whether or not the person performing the anti-trust operation gets to choose the category from which the target needs to hand over a card.

I was targeted myself while playing Shimizu and it did feel wrong I could hand over pretty much any card I felt like handing over. At least we interpreted the text correctly that I could do just that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.