Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas -
Germany
Friedberg
flag msg tools
badge
Cylon hater
mbmbmbmbmb
After our First Game im asking myself if this all was ok.

First i Wonder if the T2 Undead Units (lich) is correctly printed. Is it correct that the standart Unit is tough but the Elite is not anymore?

Then ressurection. My wife got, because of the Mage Ressurection 5 , later 7 so that all she needed was 6 tough Liches(standart unit) to kill creatures. If anyone dies she ressurected him at the end of the Battle and Even upgraded many Units. With the City upgrade you can have up to Ressurection 9 which is, in my oppinion, totally overpowered.

At the fair i was told that the Action you choose everyone in the Game will have. So if you choose movement, after you did your movement, all Others can move with your action. Is the rulebook outdated or was it wrong explained?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ceridan wrote:

First i Wonder if the T2 Undead Units (lich) is correctly printed. Is it correct that the standart Unit is tough but the Elite is not anymore?

Yes

Ceridan wrote:

Then ressurection. My wife got, because of the Mage Ressurection 5 , later 7 so that all she needed was 6 tough Liches(standart unit) to kill creatures. If anyone dies she ressurected him at the end of the Battle and Even upgraded many Units. With the City upgrade you can have up to Ressurection 9 which is, in my oppinion, totally overpowered.

The liches are good, but they are also very slow.
I think you may be playing something wrong there, something you may be overlooking is that if a unit already has a wound, it will get the next damage before you can assign damage to a different unit (so she can't have all 6 units all have 1 wound and still be alive, for example).
Also keep in mind to resurrect a regular lich, you need 2 resurrect points and not just 1 (So each resurrect point only "heals" 1 wound from the dead unit), to revive an elite lich it costs 3.
Generally speaking, though, Magic characters start out weaker than might characters, but fully developed they are pretty unstoppable against the neutral enemies).

Ceridan wrote:

At the fair i was told that the Action you choose everyone in the Game will have. So if you choose movement, after you did your movement, all Others can move with your action. Is the rulebook outdated or was it wrong explained?

Not true, the explanation was wrong. What it means is that you can move all _your_ heroes, but other players don't get free actions during your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas -
Germany
Friedberg
flag msg tools
badge
Cylon hater
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:

Ceridan wrote:

The liches are good, but they are also very slow.
I think you may be playing something wrong there, something you may be overlooking is that if a unit already has a wound, it will get the next damage before you can assign damage to a different unit (so she can't have all 6 units all have 1 wound and still be alive, for example).
Also keep in mind to resurrect a regular lich, you need 2 resurrect points and not just 1 (So each resurrect point only "heals" 1 wound from the dead unit), to revive an elite lich it costs 3.
Generally speaking, though, Magic characters start out weaker than might characters, but fully developed they are pretty unstoppable against the neutral enemies).

Ceridan wrote:

Thanks Rank
We played it this way.
I still dont understand why you have to pay 2 points for reviving a lich.
Revive means healing 1 wound. Each Unit has 1 HP, some units have tough which allowes them to cancel one wound. Did i miss something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ceridan wrote:

Thanks Rank
We played it this way.
I still dont understand why you have to pay 2 points for reviving a lich.
Revive means healing 1 wound. Each Unit has 1 HP, some units have tough which allowes them to cancel one wound. Did i miss something here?

Each resurrection point is equal to 1 damage. Maybe it is easier to understand if you imagine each tough icon just adds 1 HP to the unit, meaning each regular lich has 2 HP instead of 1.

Although from reading it looks like you may have played tough wrong? Tough doesn't "cancel" damage, it essentially gives the unit 1 more HP per icon. Similar to encounter tokens, these units get damage markers as they lose HP, which stay until the end of battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandcastle
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading the rulebook and I still have some difficulty getting how combat and Resurrection work.

1) On page 14 (Assigning damage) it states that "The Defender keeps assigning damage to the chosen Stack until it is eliminated". Can the Defender choose a different Stack from Clash to Clash?
Example: at the end of a Clash the Defender has a Stack with one unit lost (or one damage on it). Does the Defender have to choose this wounded Stack for the next damages he receives or he can choose another Stack?

2) The damages left on the survived units are removed at the end of a Battle?

3) Always on page 14, the rulebook says that if an Elite unit is assigned a damage, it is turned on the base side. If I choose to use Resurrect of it, I turn it back again on the Elite side, right?

4) What does it mean "it is possible that a basic level unit will change into an Elite Level one after the battle as a result of Resurrect Effect"? Does it refer to my question at point 3?

5) Necromancy ability: does it increment after every battle? That is: after the first battle the Hero gains Resurrect 2, after the second battle it becomes Resurrect 4, after the third battle it becomes Resurrect 6, and so on?

Thank you for every explanation you can give me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago_vamp wrote:

1) On page 14 (Assigning damage) it states that "The Defender keeps assigning damage to the chosen Stack until it is eliminated". Can the Defender choose a different Stack from Clash to Clash?
Example: at the end of a Clash the Defender has a Stack with one unit lost (or one damage on it). Does the Defender have to choose this wounded Stack for the next damages he receives or he can choose another Stack?

You can choose a different stack every time you get damage. It only means when you get 3 damage at once you can't say "This stack gets 1, this other stack gets 1 and another gets 1 too". You have to choose a stack that gets all damage. If that stack for example just had 1 unit left, you then have to choose a different stack that gets the other 2 damage.

Santiago_vamp wrote:

2) The damages left on the survived units are removed at the end of a Battle?

Yes. (This only can happen with units who have Tough, Elite units that were turned over stay turned over)

Santiago_vamp wrote:

3) Always on page 14, the rulebook says that if an Elite unit is assigned a damage, it is turned on the base side. If I choose to use Resurrect of it, I turn it back again on the Elite side, right?

Yes, with resurrection points you can bring back dead units to the regular side, or promote any regular unit to elite.

Santiago_vamp wrote:

4) What does it mean "it is possible that a basic level unit will change into an Elite Level one after the battle as a result of Resurrect Effect"? Does it refer to my question at point 3?

Yes, see above. It just means you can resurrect any unit and even promote them to elite, even if they were not elite before.

Santiago_vamp wrote:

5) Necromancy ability: does it increment after every battle? That is: after the first battle the Hero gains Resurrect 2, after the second battle it becomes Resurrect 4, after the third battle it becomes Resurrect 6, and so on?

No, it means you get 2 resurrection points after every fight that you can then spend immediately, if you don't use them they are gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandcastle
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, you've been very helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.