Subject: Embezzled funds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerard Boom
Netherlands
Waardenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use Embezzled funds to influence the voting on buildings.

I wander if you can also use Embezzled funds when activating a building?

I guess not because I can not find it i the rules.
But lets say I am in a situation where I still have workers but the money at the Treasury is depleted. What If someone offers to throw in Embezzled money in order to activate a tile?
I can imagine, as in real life, the community relying on private funds in order to keep a company up and running.

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Geboom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that it's not possible according to the rules. Since I think that the embezzled funds represent shady dealings, I would expect them to just be used to discreetly bribe key people. It would probably be very suspicious to have them being spent freely and in the open. Very Mafia-esque

It's an interesting idea/variant, however, specially if you could link your spending (of your "personal wealth", even if obtained in a doubtful manner) to an increase in your popularity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elad Goldsteen
Israel
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must agree with
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
point of view.

Not allowed by the rules but can be defiantly used as a cool variant. Can work thematically but may cause some problems with budget management (toward constructing new buildings),

I would love to her more about some sessions played in this matter.

Thanks for posting it,

Elad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.