Subject: So... now that an ultimate version has been anounced rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D. Barrera
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What's the appeal of this game now that One Night Ultimate Werewolf has been anounced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure all of these are true, but my impressions:

- This is simpler with less roles, so easier to teach to people who have never heard of Werewolf.

- This is smaller and easier to take along to places. (This one I'm not sure of, but the box is really small so I don't expect Ultimate to be smaller.)

- This one has 8-bit cute art. The art of the other doesn't appeal to me.

- I already own this one. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Villa
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it twice at Essen today with my son with 4 players. We enjoyed it. It is a very quick game that encourages communication and logic/deduction to make the correct choice as a group. It was simple but captured the essence of what makes Werewolf fun.

The Bezier folks at Essen told me they are planning on running a one day only Kickstarter event the first week of November for the game but they did not know exactly what day, so keep your eyes open and check Kickstarter and BGG for the announcement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzo wrote:
What's the appeal of this game now that One Night Ultimate Werewolf has been anounced?
Artwork and rarity, since it'll probably not get a reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
well this is still the original, they added some more roles and made more cartoony art. This game is still awesome, and I prefer the art of this one, it would be great if they printed more roles for this game. (they probably won't)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Terrell
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wait... They used tiles again instead of cards? Whu... Why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiles are much better. They can be picked up much more easily from a flat surface. Certainly don't want to be quickly trying to grasp a card in the 10 seconds you have during the night, making even more noise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Terrell
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't mind tiles for a game like Mr. Jack, but for a fast-paced game that will likely attract non-gamers and get lots of play and handling, tiles seem like a horrible option. Sleeved cards are just as easy to handle for a game like this.

Did you see the tiles for ONUW in the BGG @ Essen video? The character sides edges were all sorts of jacked-up. The back sides didn't look that bad, but it helps that they put a white border on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.