Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Fitch
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
There MUST be other Clark Ashton Smith fans besides me who play Arkham Horror so I figure there might be other people here interested in this.

If you are a CAS fan like me you've managed to amass a rag-tag collection of old used paperbacks and maybe a recent re-print or two of Klarkash-Ton's stuff. I actually have Arkham House editions of Abominations of Yondo and A Rendezvous in Averoigne, but those are the only CAS hardbacks that I've been able to afford...until now...

The stars are aligning, and Night Shade Books is publishing a 5 volume hard back collection of Clark Ashton Smith's fantasy, science fiction and horror! They are currently taking subscription orders which will end once the 1st volume is available (pretty soon, I think). Subscribers will receive an extra book, Tales of India and Irony, that will ONLY be available to subscribers. These are Smith's non fantasy/science fiction/horror tales, and will not be part of the five volume set. The subscription is pretty pricey ($150) but that is a savings of $45, and includes free shipping. I've already thrown down for a subscription myself, I thought I'd never be able to afford CAS in hardback based on the prices for the Arkham House OOP CAS books!

I'm not affliated with Night Shade Books in anyway, although I have bought one of their books Dead in the West, a zombie tale set in the Old West by Joe Landsdale. A good book, by the way. I'm also eyeing their 3 volume collection of Lord Dunsany's Jorken Tales and the multi-volume sets of William Hope Hodgson and Manly Wade Wellman. Some good old school Weird Tales-y stuff. goo

You can check out the info on Night Shade's website:

http://www.nightshadebooks.com/book.aspx?bookid=129

I hope this isn't considered spam, I just happened to run across these books a couple of days ago, and I thought it might be of interest to other people interested in Cthuloid and Lovecraftian subjects. Stinkin' board games have distracted me away from books and smaller press stuff so I ALMOST missed this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Night Shade Books. Small publishing companies are where it's at with science fiction/fantasy/horror these days.

And Dinky...I have visited Ambergris and it was wonderful. I'm anxiously waiting for Shriek to be released here in the States.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ooh yeah, I preordered this baby so long ago I almost forgot it was coming. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
A favorite press of mine is Subterranean Press. They do a lot of work with Charles deLint. My only complaint is that they charge your card immediately, as opposed to when they ship.

http://www.subterraneanpress.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fitch
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
And Dinky...I have visited Ambergris and it was wonderful. I'm anxiously waiting for Shriek to be released here in the States.

I'm eagerly awaiting Shriek as well. I'm wondering if I'll have a chance to see The Shriek movie. It's opening in Portland, but I dunno if it will make it to the Raleigh area...

I'm still itching for the 1st Volume of the CAS Collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fitch
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The stars are FINALLY aligned...

From www.nightshadebooks.com :

12/31/2006
The first volume of our Clark Ashton Smith set, The End of the Story went to the printer last month, and should be arriving here around the 15th. It's taken way longer than we thought it would, but it's finally here. Once it arrives, it'll take us at least a week to get all the preorders shipped out, so please give us until the end of January before querying. We've also posted the tables of contents for the first three volumes of the set, and made the individual volumes available for preorder.

Weeeeeeee! The first volume of the CAS set may be in my hands by the end of the month. It's been a veerrry long wait, but it's almost here. I just have to finish Pullman's His Dark Materials and VanderMeer's Shriek before it arrives.

googoogoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fitch
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ahhhhh! The first volume has finally arrived. I've got my unabridged dictionary at hand, and I'm slowly savoring Klarkash-Ton's delectable stories. Ahhhhh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.