• [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Special Rule 4: Hex J9 represents Cupola 120. J9 is impassable to all units and has an inherent LOS hindrance of 1. The Axis player may "breach" Cupola 120 by activating an unbroken squad adjacent to J9 with an Artillery Request order. When breached, the cupola is considered destroyed and the control marker permanently flipped to its German side.

So the short answer to your question is "Yes."

What is the controversy? Does this mean that anyone can enter hex J9? No.

I'm trying to imagine the argument for the Cupola not to be destroyed, but am not able to come up with one....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Begovic
Croatia
Zagreb
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks.
But does the radio still work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! My girlfriend is Spanish, so you'd think I'd have figured it out....you are talking about:

5. CUPOLA SUD: The Allied radio represents Cupola Sud, a 75mm gun in a retractable turret supplied with canister ammunition. Cupola Sud is self-spotting, so the radio itself is activated via Artillery Request (not a leader as normal) with LOS being traced from hex B10. .... etc....

... There is no way to destroy this Sud Cupola, except by playing Artillery Denied twice, as a normal Radio.

So this Cupola is off-board and is only sighting through B10. Having said that, we had a Blaze that impaired its view....thank God the Blaze didn't spread to B10!! (You may guess that I was the Belgian player.)

*Edited for clarity per post below!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jackson

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
... There is no way to destroy this Cupola, except by playing Artillery Denied twice, as a normal Radio.

Can this interpretation be right?

SSR clearly states "The Axis player may "breach" Cupola 120 by activating an unbroken squad adjacent to J9 with an Artillery Request order. When breached the Cupola is considered DESTROYED.

I think that based on the SSR, Artillery Denied has nothing to do with destroying the Copula.

Quote:
So this Cupola is off-board and is only sighting through B10.

Is this correct? It seems that the Cupola is clearly in Hex J9 and not off board. The spotter is in Hex B10.

As far as the radio is concerned, I think that it only represents when the Allies can use the Cupola, ie. beginning on Turn 2.

So, my question is on Turn 2 when the radio comes into play, can you use 2 Asset Denied cards to destroy the radio, making the cupola unusable, however; still allowing the Axis to "destroy" the copula on a future turn, giving the Axis any vp's for Hex J9.

Yes, it is confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Falcon2 wrote:
Is this correct? It seems that the Cupola is clearly in Hex J9 and not off board. The spotter is in Hex B10.

There are two different cupolas in this scenario.

Cupola 120 is in Hex J9 and may be destroyed via an Artillery Request order.

Copula Sud is represented by the radio (and is located off-board). It may be destroyed by playing two Artillery Denied Orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jackson

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Richard,

Makes complete sense now. Missed the distinction of Cupola 120 and Cupola SUD. Yes, Two Cupola's and not One!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.