7 Posts

Wits & Wagers» Forums » General

Subject: wits and wagers or gambit 7 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi.I was just about to order this game when I read some reviews about most of the questions are U.S. based then some people saying if your from U.K. as as I am, then look at gambit 7. Amy recommendation for which one to go for. Or what are the differences are Between the 2 games. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know Gambit 7 but Wits and Wager is is US and 2006 centric. A newer more global version of this game would be great, but such is not the case right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2006 is so 7 years ago.
Time for an update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Hi.I was just about to order this game when I read some reviews about most of the questions are U.S. based then some people saying if your from U.K. as as I am, then look at gambit 7. Amy recommendation for which one to go for. Or what are the differences are Between the 2 games. Thanks

For non-US, Gambit 7 is what you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
I don't know Gambit 7 but Wits and Wager is is US and 2006 centric. A newer more global version of this game would be great, but such is not the case right now.

I guess we're behind the times. We don't know how to update the questions in a game you already bought. But you can purchase the 4th edition this holiday season with updated questions as of June of 2013.

We don't have an international set of questions, because we license the game to other companies so they can tailor the questions to their region. Wits & Wagers is currently available in 14 different languages. Right now Gambit 7 is the only UK edition, because Jumbo has the UK rights but couldn't get large enough distribution to justify a print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't realize it had been updated since then. I was only speaking from my own limited perspective. Thanks for enlightening me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
I didn't realize it had been updated since then.

We've updated the questions 3 times, but there was a lag between two of the updates at one point. It's a lot of work, and sometimes we get caught up doing other things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.