Hide
8 Posts

The Supreme Commander» Forums » Rules

Subject: tech rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
don p
msg tools
If a tech 1 tank corps is stacked with a tech 0 infantry army does the stack get a tech 1 bonus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

No. It only affects armies.

The only time a corps is involved in this is if, for example, the German player as tech 1 in tank, and a German tank corps stacked with an allied tank army, that army would receive the bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Grossman
United States
Kerrville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corps could also use the Army tech bonus if stacked with a Fort (for defense only).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harrod

Carrollton
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Concerning the Panzer Army in North Africa. Half German/Italian. Does that army benefit from German armor tech even though a German armor corps was not used to build it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At full strength it would benefit from German or Italian armor tech, whichever is higher. At reduced strength (see replacement counters) it reverts to an Infantry army, so would only qualify for Infantry tech bonuses.

-K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Todd
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Air tech
I can't see in the rules how Allies can mount an effective stratetgic bomber offensive,if Air tech increase doesn't increase the 2 air units per city rule how can you base enough bmr/ftr combos in Britan? I read the tech does increase range but not stacking per city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max 8
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
In my game as the Allies we just realized this issue and it made me wonder quite a bit. I naturally assumed that tank tech would apply when stacked with any army-type. Now that my counterpart directed me to this entry I can't stop but wondering why this decision was made this way.
Since the Allies don't have the possibility to create either tank armies nor mechanized armies way into the game the starting tank tech of France and Russia are practically worthless unless you place the single French tank corps in the maginot-line and wait for a frontal German attack.
Realizing this left me wondering even more. What exactly is the reasoning behind a tank tech advantage if placed in a fortress ?
Realistically thinking this would be the last place for a tank unit (who's main advantage above other types of units is its mobility) where I would expect it to be able to play out its technological advantage. A tank in a fortress or fortified position is rather immobile and therefor an easier target for its opponents. I know that advancements in technology in the field of armored vehicles are not solely about an increase of speed and or mobility but still. This seemed pretty counter-intuitive to me.
Clearly there must be a balancing reason behind this.
The question is bugging me though. Maybe someone could give me an insight in the decision making on that particular rule?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Max,

Regarding Tech in a fort hex: Remember that a hex is about 60 miles across. There is maneuver room there for tanks.

On the tank bonuses for Sovs and French; Yes, the tech bonus isn't of much use early, but they won't have to buy it later as they begin the game with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.