Rick aka
United States
East coast
flag msg tools
Y
badge
Pumpkin..
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm impressed with the way this came out. Well worth the time and effort to build...and fun! First game with my wife was a slaughter (she did the slaughtering)...We recommend it, highly.

The NOBLE is, perhaps, a little over powered (IMHO). I'm betting it will go better with three players (there's really no point for the second player to reduce the value to the dice).

The power of the PHARAOH is confusing. Quote: You may re-roll all three 4-sided dice together before the start of your current turn.
OKAY, do I get to play another card now? Do I play the PHARAOH with another card, or was that my turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for the Pharaoh

before the start of your turn you may roll the dice. then play a card or cards as normal. if all the dice are showing low values it gives you a chance to better the numbers hefore plsying a card like the Noble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick aka
United States
East coast
flag msg tools
Y
badge
Pumpkin..
mbmbmbmbmb
So, discard the Pharaoh? ... It doesn't count as a card played to my 'Dynasty'? It seems to clash with the rules for playing one card, or a pair, somehow...maybe it's just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no, once the Pharaoh has been played to your dynasty you can use his power each time it is your turn to reroll the dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick aka
United States
East coast
flag msg tools
Y
badge
Pumpkin..
mbmbmbmbmb
The PHARAOH is, perhaps, a little over powered (IMHO).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well he is the Pharoah. and you might not want to reroll the dice in any event depending on if the numbers are all low and you think a player will play a Noble

or, if the numbers are high you can make sure the Bakers pay for supplying bread to their citizens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick aka
United States
East coast
flag msg tools
Y
badge
Pumpkin..
mbmbmbmbmb
I see your point, after playing a few more times. Still, it would nice to have a card to counter the Pharaoh. It is a very powerful card. I like this game. It's one of the better, simple builds Iv'e done. Nice work... and Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.