Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Alton
United States
Macomb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the five player variant the Ambassador Player gets to see the cards if any question is asked through the Ambassador Pawn to gain information. My question is if the Ambassador Player gets to see two cards through someone else's question and then asks the same question can he receive the same two cards again?
As in if the Red Player asks about identity to the Blue Player through the Ambassador Pawn. The Blue Player hands over Lord Fiddlebottom and Agent X. The Ambassador Player and the Red Player see it and mark it. Later in the game the Ambassador Player asks Blue for Identity. Blue hands over Lord Fiddlebottom and Agent X. Is this legal since the Ambassador player did not ask the first question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No they can never show anyone including the ambassador the same exact set of cards twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Alton
United States
Macomb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks and then just to make sure if Yellow asks Blue for Identity through the Ambassador Pawn. Blue can not give Fiddlebotom and Agent X because The Ambassador Player has already seen that combination.

Off topic Note: Game Boy Geek .com has recently become my favorite place for board game reviews. Big fan, keep it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David,
I just re-read the 5 player variant and it doesn't say anywhere that they couldn't show that Yellow player the same cards that he showed the other player. Even though there is a player playing the ambassador, it seems like they could show the same cards to two different players. This might be a good strategy to not give the ambassador too much info!

Although when the ambassador moves on his turn and gets two cards from a player and one has to be true, a player can't show the same two to only him.

Thanks so much for your kind words. Reviewing games is a ton of work, and I'm so glad you not only enjoy them, but it's your favorite site! That really gives me a boost in the arm and made my day. Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave, Don't forget to Like me on Facebook as well to stay up to date on what games I review during the week, but also some added things like which games we are play testing (coming soon to review) or receiving in.

facebook.com/thegameboygeek

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.