Subject: Playing SotM during airflights rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am soon going on a transatlantic trip, traveling alone. I want something to entertain me during the 12h flight, and I own SotM. I do not, however, own or have tried the sidekick. Do you think it would be possible/convenient to play 3 heroes solo with the sidekick on the airplane tray? I guess some villains are better than others, a villain with a lot of cards may be a bad idea?

I can organise the hero cards in stacks rather than lay them out flat.

Thanks for any input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three would be a real stretch. I can't imagine the tray being able to handle even 2 heros, 1 environment, 1 villain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I could try it if I knew the tray size... That was hard to find on google! Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Snertz
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at some of the images people have uploaded. I'd say no chance of playing on an airplane tray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not. Some turbulence and you'll cards will be all over the place. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have an iPad and time to import the cards you could try CardWarden?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get something like a big business card holder.
Then yiu can stack the cards in it.
Just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not just the cards but the counters make this way to fiddle for a single airplane tray. Card warden or the VASSAL mod would be a safer bet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
Not just the cards but the counters make this way to fiddle for a single airplane tray. Card warden or the VASSAL mod would be a safer bet.

Forgot about the chits.
Could use pen and paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
CardwardenSidekick eliminates the need for chits.
But no, no chance of having a big enough footprint on the tray to be able to play.
Maybe try cardwarden?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
Robrob wrote:

Forgot about the chits.
Could use pen and paper.

Sidekick is the answer to chits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No chance. I can understand liking SotM, but I think you can go 12h without it. Electronic entertainment is much more convenient within the constraints of a plane seat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
No chance. I can understand liking SotM, but I think you can go 12h without it. Electronic entertainment is much more convenient within the constraints of a plane seat.

It is not so much my Sentinels addiction as wanting to kill 12h with something other than my mac. Most people seem to think that SotM is to much for the tray. Need to find something else then.. Thanks for the response everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akashi_12 wrote:
darksurtur wrote:

It is not so much my Sentinels addiction as wanting to kill 12h with something other than my mac. Most people seem to think that SotM is to much for the tray. Need to find something else then.. Thanks for the response everyone

Are you looking to play solo? If you are then Friday would work fine on a single airplane tray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vasher wrote:
Akashi_12 wrote:
darksurtur wrote:

Are you looking to play solo? If you are then Friday would work fine on a single airplane tray.

Thanks for the tip! I wish I had time to get it before I go. Bad planning I guess AND it seems OOP..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dutch Jones
England
Telford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit late for this flight but I would highly recommend getting it onto Cardwarden for your next flight. Great little app, and great support given from the app designer (mike).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.