Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Poat
United Kingdom
Towcester
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
Hello all,

I'm aiming to launch a new boardgame club in the Northamptonshire town of Towcester. The website is coming together http://www.towcester-tabletops.com and soon i will start promoting the club locally but i thought I should announce it on here first.

Matthew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck Matthew. When it gets up and running don't forget to add it to the UK FAQ page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben E
United Kingdom
Irthlingborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'd suggest not putting it on thursdays as that would clash with Newport Pagnell and you'd be dividing the people that go there.

I know I travel to NP and it takes 40 minutes ish. A trip to Towcester from me will take 35ish. For the sake of 5 minutes I know I'd go to NP as I like the venue, people etc. On a different day though I'd be tempted to go to towcester if it fits round my other plans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Poat
United Kingdom
Towcester
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
Hey Ben,

Yeah, just like you I enjoy attending NPBGC on Thursdays when I can but unfortunately due to work commitments, I sometimes can't make it in time on a Thursday due to the distance/starting time.

I will try to avoid Thursdays but the activities of the club will be driven by its members. Currently its just me and a few potentially interested parties but it's early days...

Matthew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben E
United Kingdom
Irthlingborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well put my vote in for tuesdays
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
Trust me. You know it makes sense
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to switch my regular Tuesday night gaming to a Monday or a Wednesday and get permission to play regularly from SWMBO but otherwise count me in. Everywhere in Towcester is within walking distance from me which can only mean one thing
...whistle

Cheers
D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben E
United Kingdom
Irthlingborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadn't even thought about SWMBO sauron maybe I can talk her into coming along...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Poat
United Kingdom
Towcester
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
thraxar wrote:
Well put my vote in for tuesdays

Ben, you got your wish. Towcester Tabletops officially meet at the Brave Old Oak pub in Towcester on alternate Tuesday nights
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Reynolds
United Kingdom
Brackley
Northants
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Just to let you know that there is a games club in Brackley that meets every Tuesday night - the Brackley & District Gamers, or the BAD Gamers, for short.

Club is both miniature and board gamers, with a monthly Role Playing game also.

Most club nights we have 6-8 boardgamers.

Here's our website (just a place holder at the mo)

http://thebadgamers.com

Here's our Facebook page (more info

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-BAD-Gamers-Brackley-and-D...

Might be an option for those weeks when the Towcester club doesn't meet and also would be good to have a club to club visit now and again.

Finally, we're having an allday gaming Sunday on the last Sunday in January (26th?), and you'd be more than welcome to join in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio De Guglielmi
Italy
Edinburgh
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I'm Ignazio, just come from the gaelic north. Is there any group playing boardgames in Towcester?

Thanks,
Ignazio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Poat
United Kingdom
Towcester
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
Hi Ignazio,

The Towcester club collapsed about a year ago when one founding member moved to Oman for 6 months and the other founding member (me) had a baby, or at least my wife did.

Be happy to get the crew back together for a one off special though if you're up for it?

Matthew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Corcoran
United Kingdom
Buckingham
Bucks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Sargeant
United Kingdom
Wellingborough
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
badge
Search for 'Northants Board and Card Gamers Collective' on Facebook
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent to see other players popping up in Northamptonshire.
If you like message me your e-mail address and I'll join you up as a member of the facebook group I admin 'northants board and card gamers collective', its a closed group for linking up gamers in the Northamptonshire area and is pretty active with about 135 members. You are more than welcome to promote any events on there.
Also if you're not busy, please feel free to come over to our 3rd Games Day event on 18th September in Wellingborough, you can find details on the FB group page or here at www.gamesday.moonfruit.com
All the best and good luck with the club

Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.