Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is another case of Bad Rules. Even with the videos it is unclear. On Aslik if you play a 4 card do you take up to 4 one by one or go straight for a 4 pick-up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Amir Perret
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Well sorry if it's not that clear. It's written in the rules :
Do : pick up one by one the jacks on the table

So you have to pick up one by one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply. I would suggest that the rules should cover how the cards interact with the challenge. On some challenges you are required to take the number on the card in one go, on others you repeat the challenge a number of times according to the card played. The rules don't make it clear which is which. And the tranlslation is not very well written. It doesn't seem like it was translated by someone for whom English is their first language.
Great game though, despite the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Amir Perret
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Thanks for your message ! Sorry about the rules ; it has been translated by an english friend gamer ! So maybe it's because it's not enough clear in french
As soon as I have a little time, I will add details to help the player to understand what to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An English translator? That surprises me. Perhaps he had not played the game and so did a literal translation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Amir Perret
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yes, he didn't play the game so it wasn't easy. But I can assure you that he's english !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All rules translators should be forced to play the games for the rules that they are translating!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Amir Perret
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Sure but as you may know, the rules are usually written before the game is made. So, if the translators live in a different country, it's hard to make them play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Amir Perret
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Just to mention that there's a FAQ now in english, hoping that it answers the different questions you can have.
Have fun !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.