Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just want to confirm i can use 3 trade goods to re-roll for auto victory check? ive got the americans on the rope in the fearing time scenario, brought morale down to 0 with 2 outposts and 2 forts in play.. which will require a die roll of 5+ to win major victory..bad news is if i fail the rolls then they are right back in it with 4 morale.. i'd rather skip this step entirely devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you may use Trade Goods for such a re-roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Butler
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another automatic victory question. Let's say that during a turn, enemy morale is reduced to 0. Yet there are 6 outposts/forts on the board. Is the die roll to determine automatic victory mandatory? In other words, in this highly unlikely scenario, enemy morale would jump from 0 to 6 no matter what, unless you don't do the die roll. Which tells me you would be better off not reducing morale until you can get some of these buildings off the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yet there are 6 outposts/forts on the board. Is the die roll to determine automatic victory mandatory?

Yes, the die roll is mandatory.

Quote:
In other words, in this highly unlikely scenario, enemy morale would jump from 0 to 6 no matter what, unless you don't do the die roll. Which tells me you would be better off not reducing morale until you can get some of these buildings off the board.

If there are 6 Outposts/Forts on the map, you don't deserve an auto win (that's my design intent anyways). Your appraisal is correct in terms of gameplay: You need to do something about the Outposts before you make a lunge for dropping enemy morale.

Don't forget about the Optional Rule to 12.2. I actually prefer to play with this as it makes enemy bounce backs less dramatic.

-Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.