4 Posts

The Mystery of the Templars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Meaning of "discarded" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Horst Ehmke
Germany
flag msg tools
Still struggling with the rules before my first game.

On page 12 and 13 of the rulebook in describing the effects of the incidents the term "discarded" is used very often. But I think it has different meanings, or I am wrong? For example:

The Fall of Jerusalem:
Quote:
"Also, the Transport card in play with the lowest Priority is discarded, along with the related Caravan and Ship pawns. All counters and Seals on those Transports are discarded."

I think, the Transport card is discarded from the game. What happens with the Caravan and Ship pawns? (Discarded from game or where do they go?) The Ressource counters go back into the common supply? And the Seals go back into the player's supply?

The Fall of Acre:
Quote:
Each player must discard from the game his/her player sheet and all Resources on it.

Are the Resources really discarded from the game? (Or are they going back to the common supply?)

Sorry if these questions sound silly, but I'm having really a hard time with these rules and I want to understand the handling correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Horst Ehmke wrote:
On page 12 and 13 of the rulebook in describing the effects of the incidents the term "discarded" is used very often. But I think it has different meanings, or I am wrong? For example:

Are the Resources really discarded from the game? (Or are they going back to the common supply?)

Unless something says "removed from the game" or "placed back in the box", just put any discarded items back into the supply, or a discard pile for cards etc.

I haven't read these particular rules, that's just a "universal gaming" thing. Any game that requires removing permanently will say so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Rigby
United States
Spring Hope
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Designer & Inventor Emeritus
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those two cards are particularly brutal. When they came up we just removed the relevant bits from play, and returned them to supply. Shortly thereafter we packed up the game and called it a night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Newyn
Italy
Correzzana
Italia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes all the components go back in the common supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.