Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The arguably best of all henchmen, the Mesmerizing Quoth, can make someone who takes damage from him in melee combat switch sides. This effect remains until Quoth is killed or imprisoned. Quoth can only have one such character at a time.

Now can Quoth damage someone else and then switch that person, thus automatically switching his first victim back to that character's original side? If not, does Quoth have to switch his first victim, or can he save his switching power for someone he really wants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd wager that Quoth can not take a second character at all. He took that first character and now he's stuck with it.

Granted, I've been wrong on interpreting rules in the past, so take my answer with a grain of salt.

Oh, and I would say the DMV Authoritarian is better, but that's me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Svengaard wrote:
I'd wager that Quoth can not take a second character at all. He took that first character and now he's stuck with it.

Granted, I've been wrong on interpreting rules in the past, so take my answer with a grain of salt.

Oh, and I would say the DMV Authoritarian is better, but that's me.

I'd bet that Quoth COULD take a second character if the first one dies; that would be why his card reads "only one at a time" rather than "only the first character he damages".

I, too, have been wrong on interpreting rules. That's why I'm hoping Spitfire sees this question and answers it.

I said "arguably"; there's certainly room for opposing views.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quoth can only have one switched enemy at a time. He is "stuck" with what he has taken over, but if that that character is killed or imprisoned, he is free to capture someone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And he automatically takes over the first enemy he damages in melee combat, correct? Aside from choosing not to attack, he can't "save" his domination until he hits the enemy he really wants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, last Quoth question: If the character he has taken over is imprisoned, enabling him to take a new character, wouldn't the imprisoned character switch back to his original side and thus be freed from prison?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Creepy but true. He'll have some explaining to do before they unlock the cell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so we are clear, no one would choose the option by Quoth to imprison plus take over a character unless they had to, so this issue is for the most part theoretical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, but the team opposing Quoth might well choose to imprison the character Quoth is controlling, thus freeing that characer from Quoth's mental control ( and reducing him to one health in the process, but hey, omlets and eggs, right?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.