Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I saw something at the game store today labeled as an expansion for Le Havre. It was a bag that had 20 card sleeves and five "farmer" meeples. FLGS wanted $6 for it. Seems like a lot to spend for five pieces of wood and I'm not really sure what you would do with sleeves for exactly 20 cards. (I guess there are 20 round/boat cards, but if you're going to sleeve the game, you might as well sleeve the WHOLE game.) Has anybody else seen this? Is there something more to this "expansion" that is preventing me from seeing its worth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what I see someone advertising on eBay:
Quote:
In the spirit of token sets, Mayday Games has created a special collection of tokens and card sleeves just for The Harbour (Le Havre)! It includes 110 standard clear card sleeves (59 MM x 91 MM card sized), just the rare size that you needed, and 5 people tokens to replace your discs.

But that was for 110 sleeves, not 20.

My set actually came with more cards - the standard 110 plus the 30-odd more for Le Grand Hameau.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen this many times. I think you're referring to Mayday Games sleeve set which contain 5 meeples to replace the 5 discs in the original game, as well as 110 sleeves for the base game.

Here's the link: http://maydaygames.com/harbour-le-havre-card-sleeves-set-110...

Like Gillum has said, note that the new edition of Le Havre now contains the expansion Le Grand Hameau, so you will need to buy additional sleeves for the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, it is not worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Snakes et Lattes
Canada
flag msg tools
Proudly Alphabetical since 1989!
badge
The Wish Swing from Nuit Blanche 2007
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this when I picked up a backup copy of Le Havre (before the latest reprint - I was worried the game would be heading out of print) with the intention of creating an archival set of the base game (I don't play with Le Grand Hameau just yet).

I don't think it has any other uses. I like the discs and don't see how the meeples are an improvement.

I see the "expansion" as strictly for preservationists. I don't recommend it for active gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lostphd wrote:
I like the discs and don't see how the meeples are an improvement.

This was my thought as well. There was something rather unattractive about the (custom?) meeples they carved out.

Anyway, thanks all for the replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
lostphd wrote:
I like the discs and don't see how the meeples are an improvement.

This was my thought as well. There was something rather unattractive about the (custom?) meeples they carved out.

Anyway, thanks all for the replies.

Maybe it's that they were different sizes because they seemed to use extras from: http://maydaygames.com/wooden-farmer-set-deluxe.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.