Cam T.
Canada
Victoria
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I use a trap attachment on an enemy can it ever be removed? For example, I used an attachment that said "attached enemy cannot attack". I still deal shadow cards, but the enemy is virtually useless now right? I don't see why I should even attack it. Unless of course, it could eventually get free to attack again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sawler
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To my knowledge there is no way for an enemy to remove a trap card yet. A few good reasons to kill an enemy would be to get some type of effect (readying a character after you kill an enemy, Legolas' ability to add quest progress) or if you need to kill it to complete a phase in the quest (Ungoliant Spawn comes to mind).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
webslinger9 wrote:
if you need to kill it to complete a phase in the quest (Ungoliant Spawn comes to mind).

That would be one of the only times I would consider it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to free up the card so that it can be used again (for example via Anborn's skill to recycle traps from the discard pile).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The trapped enemy is unable to remove it, but if you have another engaged enemy, it might help and free the other if it gets Driven By Shadow (only if attack is undefended) or Forest Spider (if Forest Snare your only attachment) shadow effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black spark
msg tools
From the FAQ, section 1.38 Control of attachments:
"When a player plays an attachment into the staging area, or on an enemy or location, that player retains control of that attachment."

If you play an attachment with the Trap trait, I would suggest that an effect that forces you to discard attachments you control may remove the Trap from an enemy (since you retain control of the Trap). For example, Driven by Shadow (Core 92) has the Shadow effect, "Shadow: Choose and discard 1 attachment from the defending character. (If this attack is undefended, discard all attachments you control.)" So if a player is engaged with 2 enemies where the first enemy has Forest Snare attached and the attack from the second enemy is left undefended with Driven by Shadow being revealed as the Shadow card, it could remove Forest Snare from the first enemy, thus allowing it to attack.

I would also suggest that if the controlling player is eliminated the Trap would be removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cam T.
Canada
Victoria
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
black spark wrote:
"When a player plays an attachment into the staging area, or on an enemy or location, that player retains control of that attachment."

If you play an attachment with the Trap trait, I would suggest that an effect that forces you to discard attachments you control may remove the Trap from an enemy (since you retain control of the Trap). For example, Driven by Shadow (Core 92) has the Shadow effect, "Shadow: Choose and discard 1 attachment from the defending character. (If this attack is undefended, discard all attachments you control.)" So if a player is engaged with 2 enemies where the first enemy has Forest Snare attached and the attack from the second enemy is left undefended with Driven by Shadow being revealed as the Shadow card, it could remove Forest Snare from the first enemy, thus allowing it to attack.

I would also suggest that if the controlling player is eliminated the Trap would be removed.

Almost this exact scenario came up. The only difference was that there was just the one enemy in the Forest Snare but I still dealt out the shadow card #92. Since the enemy was not attacking, there was also no defence. I just assumed no effect.

Should I even deal it the shadow card? Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ys jo
msg tools
CamT wrote:

Almost this exact scenario came up. The only difference was that there was just the one enemy in the Forest Snare but I still dealt out the shadow card #92. Since the enemy was not attacking, there was also no defence. I just assumed no effect.

I would assume since Forest Snare prevents enemy from attacking and resolving shadow card is part of enemy's attack sequence, you would not have to resolve the shadow card and shadow card is simply discarded at the end of the combat phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CamT wrote:
black spark wrote:

You should deal the shadow card - it will get you through the encounter deck faster, and maybe you dealt one that you'll be happy to have avoided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.