Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Dyer
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The discussion of glorious victories is silent on the treatment of pyramids, so it's not clear if either the current sum of the pyramid
or any of the components can be used as part of a glorious victory.

It is clear that the components of the pyramid can be captured individually, so under some circumstances only the "1" which is
part of the white pyramid will remain.

For some reason, none of the published tables of the various harmonies for glorious victories include the "1".

The rule booklet of the kickstarter version says glorious victories have to be in "enemy territory" defined as the spaces forward of your own first row; but this can't be right. The first player would have a win in 3 by moving 3 front row pieces forward. Possible other interpretations are forward of the center line, or forward of the enemy's closest row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loscutoff
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I'd rather lose to a good move, Than win to a bad one...
badge
the abstract manifest.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have your version of the rules,
but a very quick scan of a couple of sources shows that
the number series doesn't begin with 1.
and the winning line must be on your opponents half of
the board.
looks like only individual pieces involved- no pyramids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dyer
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another source on the web says that glorious victories are only available after the pyramid has been completely captured.

It's pretty clear that none of the rule sets available are definitive, and that probably there never was a definitive set of rules. After all, the game fell out of favor 500 years ago when there was no FIDE. So the question for me is what set of rules, in the spirit of the original game, makes the most playable game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loscutoff
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I'd rather lose to a good move, Than win to a bad one...
badge
the abstract manifest.
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for adding it to Boardspace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.