Popular Tags: [View All]
Royce Banuelos
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seasons was given to me by the designer and I had never played a rummy game before.

Gameplay:
I can't compare it too many games simply because I haven't played any other rummy games but it's a simple card game with a nice theme. The theme makes sense for gameplay and the rules are written to be fool proof. The object of a round is to get rid of your cards in your hand, you can play as many cards from your hand that fit the rules. You can take cards from your discard pile, your deck or your opponents discard pile. Easy to learn and fun to play. Sometimes discarding a card you don't need gives the other player a card they do need so it's great strategically and keeps you actively thinking about every decision. Overall it's a nice balance of luck and skill.

Components:
This game is very colorful and has some nice artwork. It's a little repetitive and can be hard to distinguish different seasons at first, but once you get used to it, it's very easy to see. The cards are good quality, not the best but still quite good. There is a lot of shuffling needed and over time I hope the cards can stand the shuffling. The box is great and fits everything nicely. The rules are awesome, always a plus when the rules are so well written and explained.

Final thoughts:
I don't understand why scoring is said to be complicated, it's really not. The theme is so heavy and scoring makes sense with the scoring to a tee. The time it takes to play isn't an issue either, my wife and I played several games any where from 30 -60 minutes each. Seasons has a unique problem in that I'm not quite sure who the target audience is, the theme is well represented but is still about seasons and is not very interesting. I'd expect to find a game like this at a grandparents home or something very homely like that. It's kind of for everyone but also kind of for no one which is unfortunate because it really is a lot of fun once you play it.

I would buy it as a gift and easily play it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.