1 , 2  Next »   | 

Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends» Forums » General

Subject: Card sleeves?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Paul
msg tools
Hi,

the best fitted sleeves for the cards which are 61x103mm are (what I found) 70x110.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Notsch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used the Mayday "Dwarf king"/French tarot sleeves.

They're a bit longer than needed, but fit good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Damn... They're not normal Magic sized cards? Icky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was about to post the same question. I loved the game, but why on Earth did they choose to go with this card size is beyond me. Neither Mayday nor Swan Panaisia have similar sleeves. As Faso74it said, the only close candidate are Mayday's "Dwarf King" sleeves, only problem is they're ~8mm longer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Swan panasia has similar sleeves: Custom made for Lupus in Tabula, 61x110mm
They fit perfectly, but are about 5 mm longer than the cards.

There was another Swan Panasia sleeve that would fit: it was 1 or 2 mm wider, and 1 mm shorter than the cards. But I don't remember their name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Fox
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
Thankfully, Tash-Kalar is so good that soon the market will be flooded with 61x103 sized sleeves.

Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just used a rolling cutter to trim the excess from the Swan Panasia sleeves; same thing I did for the License cards from Fleet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Are there any sleeves of this size that are cheaper than $4 per 50? That's an insane price...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG really 2013 and you couldn't find any of the sizes commonly used suitable, it is really amazing. There are something like ten or more commonly used card sizes used in the business and they couldn't conform to any? Why???? Really why?

I'll wait for someone to find a reason, but my guess is plain stupidity. If they think people who sleeve their cards aren't worth any though on the production I won't support them. Lost all interest, won't be hunting overpriced misfit sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They needed space for writing, for the pattern and for art on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tkzubaran wrote:
OMG really 2013 and you couldn't find any of the sizes commonly used suitable, it is really amazing. There are something like ten or more commonly used card sizes used in the business and they couldn't conform to any? Why???? Really why?

I'll wait for someone to find a reason, but my guess is plain stupidity. If they think people who sleeve their cards aren't worth any though on the production I won't support them. Lost all interest, won't be hunting overpriced misfit sleeves.

The only reason behind this choice is that they wanted to save some money.. The game comes with 120 cards, and my guess is that they made the shape so that they could print all cards in a single (or two?) sheets. That makes the game cheaper to create.

Clearly they went really cheap on this one...a terrible choice in my opinion, and that is what stopped me from buying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Maggi
Italy
Rome
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
Clearly they went really cheap on this one...a terrible choice in my opinion, and that is what stopped me from buying it.

Do you mean "cheap" in terms of quality of components? Because the game, for the included contents, on paper only rivals the new Z-Man edition of Parade in terms of worst "cost vs components" ratio that I know of any game currently in-print.
I was really looking forward to it, but from a "try before you buy" it quickly became "try-then-wait-for-a-low-priced-used-copy before you buy"... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZephonSoul, you're unlucky bewcause this game is sold in italy at a terribly high price; i bought it in essen for 35€ and it was worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thompson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
tkzubaran wrote:

The only reason behind this choice is that they wanted to save some money.. The game comes with 120 cards, and my guess is that they made the shape so that they could print all cards in a single (or two?) sheets. That makes the game cheaper to create.

I got the game today in the UK for £30. Pleased with it but the components are cheap and nasty. The art on the cards is fantastic and I kind of like the unusual size. However the board and pieces are awful. Bearing in mind Mage Wars (similar theme) is £10 more and you get some awesome components Tash-Kalar is definitely about maximising profit. If Z-Man publish this game for more than $60 dollars (as in their website) I would feel quite cheated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
tkzubaran wrote:

Your hypothesis sounds very reasonable. We, as costumers, must make them loose orders of magnitude more money in lost sales than they saved in the production. The company job is maximizing profit and the costumers' is keeping the company in line. When a company makes a bad product I see it as a problem in the costumer base not the company.

Recipe for the hobby to become healthy: We should be extremely supportive when they do their job right, and just as extremely vicious when they don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziemek
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one fits (almost) perfect. There are 10mm too long, but its pretty easy to cut them off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vlaada likes this card size. They are also used in Space Alert. As this size becomes used in more of his games, we will see them enter mass production. The Mayday sleeves above are what I use for Space Alert, and can confirm that they fit great, but are indeed too long. Some trimming makes them work nickely. I only wish I could get preium sleeves in this size.

What I really hate are the small cards that he uses in Space Alert and Dungeon Petz. They are too big for Mini American sleeves, but too small for Mini Euro sleeves. Those things are a pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Fox
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
Where are the Swan sleeves available? The only place I found is here where it would be pre-ordered for March. I suppose the Mayday sleeves are another option, though I'm guessing they would be slightly lower quality, and are longer still.

How skilled does one need to be in order to trim sleeves? I can't see how to ensure evenness, and if the difference is noticeable then there isn't much point. The Swan sleeves are only 7mm long, which I think I could live with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
majormajor wrote:
Where are the Swan sleeves available? The only place I found is here where it would be pre-ordered for March. I suppose the Mayday sleeves are another option, though I'm guessing they would be slightly lower quality, and are longer still.

How skilled does one need to be in order to trim sleeves? I can't see how to ensure evenness, and if the difference is noticeable then there isn't much point. The Swan sleeves are only 7mm long, which I think I could live with.

I prefer the feel of the Mayday sleeves even though the Swan sleeves are slightly thicker. I find that the Swan sleeves are a little too sticky when shuffling until they have been shuffled a lot. I use a rolling cutter to trim sleeves that are too long to ensure an even cut. The other option is using a steel ruler and a hobby knife.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't tried yet but, aren't the cards the same size than 7 Wonders ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tartopom wrote:
Haven't tried yet but, aren't the cards the same size than 7 Wonders ?

7 Wonders' cards are 65x100mm and Tash-Kalar's are 61x103mm. Almost the same but not quite. If you have 65x100mm sleeves, test and report back how T-K cards fit into those sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Epperson

Tennessee
msg tools
Niekumaty wrote:
This one fits (almost) perfect. There are 10mm too long, but its pretty easy to cut them off.

Confirmed that these fit perfectly on the sides but a bit too long so I will head to my local FedEx and use the trimmer to make a uniform trim on all cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
sonatinas wrote:
Niekumaty wrote:

Confirmed that these fit perfectly on the sides but a bit too long so I will head to my local FedEx and use the trimmer to make a uniform trim on all cards.

I used the same sleeves with good success. I also used them on Space Alert. I have a guillotine trimmer that worked well.

I did have several sleeves that were too tight though. Had to put them aside and find ones that fit better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Fox
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
sonatinas wrote:

Let me know how it goes! I have a hard time picturing any device that can make a uniform cut on such flexible and slippery objects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.