Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I have just bought this game. Before I print a lot of pages with clarifications and errata for the rules and scenarios I would like to know if these have already been incorporated into the latest versions of the base game and expansion 1 (as these are the ones I bought)?

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin will give you the most authorative response but, yes, each new print run has seen the rules reworked to clarify any points that have been unclear. The Living Rules on GMT's website are as current as you will get.

As an aside, I really wouldn't recommend printing anything - it really isn't necessary. What isn't answered in the printed rules (can't think of any examples...) will be answered by making a quick check online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Brian,
I tried to keep updated FAQs on CCAncients.net website.
You can find them grouped here
http://www.ccancients.net/Rules/FAQs/index.html

I don't know if they are full updated so if you find some more FAQs answered all over the net, please link them to me or send them by email so that I can update website FAQs section.

Thank you in advance.
Alessandro - CCAncients.net Admin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

It did see the CCancients site but it doesnt say if the clarifications and errata is relevant to all versions or only older versions, and that made me post here to be sure. It can be very confusing to have a new ruleset and outdated errata :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What edition of the base game do you have?

Third edition rules were a big step forward. Fourth was mostly just cleaning up some typos. I don't recall if there is anything "newer" than 4th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the latest (4th printing)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt G
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 4th printing base game. The examples in the rules and the charts are excellent and I really haven't had a need for FAQs though they are still helpful to cement the rules.

I stumbled just for a moment on the graphic on page 11. The text for the Light Cavalry in example D references an attack on the Light Bow unit but the arrow in the graphic points to the Chariot unit. Still it was written well enough for me to spot the discrepancy with five different examples on the page.

Hold the line and may your cavalry never be caught napping!
Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.