Subject: Question Little Red Riding Hood rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hainz
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules it states that LRRH can only peek "at the cards of the player playing the wolf". But then the next sentence would be pointless: Why would LRRH have to comment on "?" since the wolf has the highest score?

So I think she rather has the same role as the boy, doesn't she? (Or may she NEVER look at the wolf's cards?)

Great game, btw, and a better choice to Mascerade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fay Florian
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So I think she rather has the same role as the boy, doesn't she?

I think like you.

Quote:
may she NEVER look at the wolf's cards?

Wolf is number 5 and she is looking for the hunter, n°4. No interest to watch the wolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivo van Kreveld
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
mb
This is how I understand the rules:

- LRRH can only look at character cards of the wolf
- If she sees the wolf she has to say 'it's a wolf'
- If she sees any character without a question mark (the other card the wolf player has), she has to say 'it's a wolf'
- If she sees a character with a question mark (the other card the wolf player has), she has to say 'I don't know'

However, I don't understand why this is interesting. LRRH has to see the same person (if there are 6- players) the whole time and almost always says 'wolf'. Because of this you almost immediately find out who LRRH is and therefore who the wolf is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hainz
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivo1994 wrote:

- LRRH can only look at character cards of the wolf [...]

However, I don't understand why this is interesting. LRRH has to see the same person (if there are 6- players) the whole time and almost always says 'wolf'. Because of this you almost immediately find out who LRRH is and therefore who the wolf is.

This (and the argument concerning the "?" - see above) is why it's pointless and has to be a translation error...

EDIT /ps.: Or is this a way to force her to use her cards? (Perhaps the game designer could tell us how it's supposed to be...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bono Light
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The little girl also can play a question card to ask any player.
But she only can see the "real wolf."
She is very like the boy (because they always say "wolf!"),but the different point is the boy can see any player and say "He is wolf!",the girl only can see the "real wolf."

So players will not easy to know which is the real wolf (the boy can tell everyone he is the girl! In order to let the dog or the hunter guess mistake with the wrong wolf who is the boy lied. The boy will get one point with one player guess wrong.)

By the way, maybe no one is the boy or the girl.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hainz
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thank you for clarification. (So it's like I've written in the ps.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.